Fellow Twitcher

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Fellow Twitcher

Postby Kathleen on December 18th, 2002, 11:43 am

I would like to take the time to give a Big Thanks for this website. I too began twitching about a month ago and like others was sure that I either had MS or ALS. I immediately got on the internet and was lucky enough to stumble upon this website. Let me tell you, it has given me great peace of mind. Yesterday I actually had my first appt with a neuro and he has diagnosed/confirmed BFS. I was suprised to find out how common it really is. Although I wondered to myself why I had not heard of it before if but had certainly heard of MS and ALS!

Anyway, this is a great site. Very helpful. Thanks for being here!
Kathleen

Postby Arron on December 18th, 2002, 12:06 pm

Hi Kathleen, I'm glad to hear your benign diagnosis, that's great news!

You posed a question; "I wondered to myself why I had not heard of it before if but had certainly heard of MS and ALS".

That's a pretty simple one. It's kind of like the news, they don't report little fender benders, only nasty, fatal accidents. The same is with people. You dont hear about "Aunt Judy" with BFS because it isn't news. You do hear about "Uncle Joe" who died of ALS though...

Most people don't talk about benign conditions, especially one like BFS. I mean, have you gone around to any of your friend's and told them about your twitching and strange experiences with BFS? Most people don't, so it isn't really known very much. I talk about it sometimes with my wife, but I certainly haven't talked about it with a bunch of friends who probably wouldn't even care anyway.. especially if it's a benign condition... That would be like hanging out at the bar and saying to all of your friends... so, what about those hemorhoids?? :lol: see what I mean?

I hope you can relax now that you have an official diagnosis of BFS. There is absolutely NO reason for worry or speculation anymore. Happy Holidays to you and everyone else out there!
Arron

Postby Kathleen on December 18th, 2002, 7:15 pm

Hi Aaron:

You are absolutely right! I can honestly say that I have not sat around at my son's soccer games telling other moms about my twitchy legs.

Thanks for your response and Happy Holidays to you too!

Kathleen
Kathleen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group