Advice please

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Advice please

Postby Rich Longer on November 17th, 2002, 6:58 pm

I have had fasiculations since March. They started in my right hand and spread pretty much everywhere. In October I saw a neurologist and was told I had benign fasiculations.

What worries me now is that most of the problems have settled in my left hand and leg. I have had buzzing/vibrations in my left leg for about two or three months and now I get lots of aches and pains in that leg - on exercising and at other times as well. My left hand has now been twitching for about three months. the right hand seems to have stopped.

Does this make sense to anyone. Does anyone else have symptoms which have stayed in the same place for so long? And are muscle aches and pains in one place like this part of BFS?

Rich
Rich
Rich Longer

similar experience

Postby jblack on November 18th, 2002, 2:30 pm

Rich -- while the timeline for what I've experienced has been much shorter, the general description is pretty much the same. The twitches were all in my leg for two weeks, then moved into my foot, now this week they've settled into my right hand. Wherever I'm getting the twitching, I tend to be stiff, achy, and rubbery. I definitely have an imbalance, too, more on the right than the left. I don't think it's anything to worry about -- in fact, the fact that it's been moving around your body for 9 months now without causing any real weakness anywhere would make me feel pretty optimistic, if I were you. It just doesn't seem like ALS works like that. Annoying though, huh?
jblack

Postby Jaybo on November 19th, 2002, 5:09 am

Rich, my wife's fascics, which are fairly few and far between, and her pain, which is one of her primary symptoms, are almost exclusivley in her legs, and have been for the last year +.

Don't think you're alone on this one.
JayBo 8o)
Jaybo

Postby Jen on November 19th, 2002, 8:06 pm

Rich, my twitching is more of the hit-and-run variety, and doesn't usually settle in one place. When I am very tired, or dehydrated, the aches and pains will settle into their same usual spots (left side of neck, hips, forearms, hands). The pains in the legs upon exercising are probably a part of the exercise intolerance which comes with BFS. I've experienced that myself. I have noticed that my vibrations generally occur in the same place. You're not alone :)
Jen

Postby Rich Longer on November 20th, 2002, 2:09 pm

Thanks for the replies.
Rich
Rich Longer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group