8 years and counting

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

8 years and counting

Postby davo on June 12th, 2016, 9:10 pm

It has now been over 8 years since my twitching began. I remember whilst on holiday I noticed non stop twitching in my calf muscles and became instantly fixated and very stressed, the more I fixated on the twitches the more prevelant they became and the more stressed I became. I had lost a close friend to MND so was well aware that twitching was a symptom of this terrible disease. A neurologist at a hospital in South Wales diagnosed BFS after extensive testing but it still took about 12months of self testing and doubt before things began to settle down, even then I was thinking what if they've missed something. Of course nothing was missed, nothing at all !!!!

I now pay little or no attention to my twitches, I twitch like crazy after exercise, drinking alcohol and stressful periods, thats just the norm. Two years ago I showed my calf twitches to my sister in law who lives on the other side of the country so only see each other occasionally and guess what SHE is twitching too and had been for years, but her twitches didn't bother her. Bloody marvellous, if she had told me years ago maybe I wouldn't have been so stressed.

I am extremely grateful for the information provided on this forum particularly in the early days when this condition had a massive hold on me. This condition feeds off anxiety and stress - Trust me don't give it any attention and see what happens, a guaranteed NOTHING.

Many thanks and best wishes to all
Andrew.
davo

Re: 8 years and counting

Postby Yuliasir on June 13th, 2016, 8:01 am

Good to see you are OK Andrew!
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby matt21 on June 13th, 2016, 1:27 pm

Glad that everything is good. I have been having symptoms for almost that long, 7 years to be exact. However i didn't notice i was twitching until I read about MND. My initial symptoms were just this feeling of being fatigued with stiffness in my legs in the morning. That continued getting slightly worse year after year and now i have some noticeable exercise intolerance. I am also consumed by anxiety, stress and depression that i am trying to battle. Did you have any other symptoms besides the twitches?
matt21

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group