EMG today after 4 years of horrible symptoms

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

EMG today after 4 years of horrible symptoms

Postby Tiredofbfs on May 12th, 2016, 2:09 pm

Hello all
I am here sittin at my neuro office waiting to get an emg done as he recommended to compare to the one from 3 years ago
I am very nervous and j can feel every muscle twitches
I will keep you posted and hopefully it turns out to be normal just like the one j did 4 years ago.
Tiredofbfs
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: EMG today after 4 years of horrible symptoms

Postby leaflea on May 12th, 2016, 11:45 pm

Wishing you luck and health.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Tiredofbfs on May 13th, 2016, 7:46 am

so my emg turned out normal. here is what the findings were. after 4 years and another clean EMG my neuro have no other concern and did not want me to follow up as usual. He said you can come in as needed.

He actually told me a story about a patient who had some sort of weakness in hands he said other neuro dismissed it and told him it was carpel tunnel without EMG
when the patient first got to his office he was already weak in the hand. he ran an EMG and it picked up fibrillation in the leg muscle and arm muscle.
He told me that an EMG can pick up signs very early on in the stage. two weeks later he came back with sever atrophy.

so my findings were consistent with the findings 3 years ago. some sort of chronic denervation and no fibrillation. he still think I either had some type of polio or viral infection
he also want me to run a genetic testing for segmental SMA and West niel virus.

He also tested the hot spot in my thighs that consistently twitch he saw fasiculations and he was not concerned about it.
Tiredofbfs
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby garym on May 13th, 2016, 8:19 am

Tiredofbfs wrote:so my emg turned out normal. here is what the findings were. after 4 years and another clean EMG my neuro have no other concern and did not want me to follow up as usual. He said you can come in as needed.

He actually told me a story about a patient who had some sort of weakness in hands he said other neuro dismissed it and told him it was carpel tunnel without EMG
when the patient first got to his office he was already weak in the hand. he ran an EMG and it picked up fibrillation in the leg muscle and arm muscle.
He told me that an EMG can pick up signs very early on in the stage. two weeks later he came back with sever atrophy.

so my findings were consistent with the findings 3 years ago. some sort of chronic denervation and no fibrillation. he still think I either had some type of polio or viral infection
he also want me to run a genetic testing for segmental SMA and West niel virus.

He also tested the hot spot in my thighs that consistently twitch he saw fasiculations and he was not concerned about it.

good news....now get busy living a regular life!
garym

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group