Left leg twitches and enlarged thigh

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Left leg twitches and enlarged thigh

Postby Magiga569 on March 14th, 2016, 8:35 am

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here in quite a while. I have had twitching since June 2013. I had had it almost all the time, though had a recent wonderful period where for a few weeks I had hardly any twitching at all. I mentioned it once to my primary but have never had an EMG (haven't even requested, too scared). Though not always the case, I have definitely noticed a correlation between poor sleep and/or stress, and being cold, with an increase in twitches for me, though have never experienced any weakness. These past few weeks due to poor sleep (a child with sleep issues, which translates to me having sleep issues), my twitches have returned. Over the years I have been able to reassure myself that if it were something more, it would have developed by now, and that once I get into a good sleep routine, perhaps they will lessen again. This time I am more worried for two reasons: the twitching is mainly only in my left leg, primarily my upper thigh (usually my twitches are all over), and I noticed last night that my left inner thigh has become noticeably larger than my right and feels different, almost as though it's swollen. My husband said it felt like a muscle pull, which of course set me off worrying that it could be some type of atrophy. I have to admit I have not exercised in months so don't know what could have caused this. I have had a neuroma (inflamed nerve) in my left foot since August that has been treated with sterile alcohol injections for the past two months, but I don't see any correlation between the two. Anyway, if any of you have any thoughts on this or notes of reassurance, it would be much appreciated. I hate how I can go for so long with coming to terms with my twitches and thinking I'm okay, and then can be right back to worrying whenever something new or different comes up. Thanks for listening.
Magiga569
Interested
Interested

Re: Left leg twitches and enlarged thigh

Postby Yuliasir on March 14th, 2016, 8:48 am

If your tigh is larger that another anf its structure is different, first thought should be edema. Usually leg edemas (due to weakness of vein valves) occur rather in the lower part (from ankle to knee) but if you have twitches and swelling and pain and other strange issues, first thought has to be about circulation issues. Dopplerography usually helps to resolve the cause.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Magiga569 on March 14th, 2016, 8:56 am

Thank you yuliasir I will look edema up and hopefully that is it. I can't explain it any other way, because I've done no exercise or strenuous activity to cause swelling in the area. Thanks again!
Magiga569
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group