It's coming back

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

It's coming back

Postby danidiomas on January 29th, 2016, 11:26 am

Hi, in 2011 I started to have sinus like headaches and tingles and twiches in different parts of my body. I went to a neuro and he did a CAT Scan of my brain and an EMG. They were normal. I was very anxious at that time and that made things worst. I used some vitamin B12 and then the symtoms go.
Two weeks ago I had a cold and the migraine sinus like headaches started at the righ side of my face, even on my cheek like it was an irritated nerve. Then I started to have pins and needles on my hands and feet and some twitches.
What makes me to panic was a burn sensation on my finger and I was very worried, also I feel more fatigue on my left bicep but that come and go, sometimes I am normal, sometimes I feel like I was doing bicep curls with weight.
The anxiety has made the things worst again but I try to calm myself thinking that in the past I had those sensations but they were gone. Have you felt that temporary fatigue or muscular weakness? What is funny is when I checked my hand I feel discordination and I think that I am losing control of it, but then when I do things without thinking on my hand it moves as usual, like when I tie my shoes, take a shower or write like at this very moment. Suggestion and anxiety play a big role here.
danidiomas
Interested
Interested

Re: It's coming back

Postby MarioMangler on January 30th, 2016, 1:01 am

Yep, your symptoms are going to come and go for years, even I still have flare ups and I don't even think of BFS anymore. You just have to realize that you have had these symptoms before and they have gone away before, and they are going to come back and go away again in the future.

This is why experience is such a big thing in overcoming BFS. You just have to realize it is cyclical and that you have been through it all before. The key is to always keep in mind which part of the cycle you are in, and then you don't waste any more time worrying about it. At a certain point you're just like, oh, this is January. This is my weak left foot month. Boy it will be great when I get to April and then we get my random tongue pain month.

That's the way you have to learn to look at it.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on February 1st, 2016, 11:55 am

Exactly what mario said, awesome advice.
Back in 2007/2008 I made a journal of my symptoms and I'm glad I did, because when I had a major flare up a few years later, I saw that I had those same symptoms before...Cramps, ratcheting muscles, hotspots that lasted for months, swallowing issues, arms falling asleep, trouble staying asleep, perceived weakness, pins and needles, etc. They went away. I know they will come back because thats how this works. The fact that you recognize that anxiety plays a big role is a great first step in accepting BFS. Best wishes.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby danidiomas on March 31st, 2016, 5:01 pm

Thank you for your words. It's true what you wrote, I have to accept the possibility that is not serious. I live in a country were MS is really rare but even though I have in mind the "what if". I have to control myself.

Yesterday I had a buzzing/vibrating on the sole of my foot and I was panicking because that was new. I am using other shoes now and it stopped but I am feeling weakness on my thigh and I am worried. Sometimes I feel really fatigued as when you're gonna faint and feel palpitations.

When I feel this my twitches increases and all that. I think is anxiety even though I am not having anxious ideas. It's weird!
danidiomas
Interested
Interested

Postby veryworried123 on May 27th, 2016, 10:33 pm

You guys speak of flare ups

My twitches never really stop

It's not like I have nothing for a week then a flare up

It's always twitching

Thanks
veryworried123
Hero