Can BFS led to ALS

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Can BFS led to ALS

Postby hawk78 on September 21st, 2015, 1:07 pm

I started with fasciculations about 21 months ago. They were random and then noticeably more in my calves. Over the course of months, the twitching would come and go and be random. Stress would increase them sometimes, as would running. I had two EMGs done in 3 months time. Both were negative. I also was told that I have 2-3 beats of clonus. Reflexes are strong. I read this site and articles associated with it and felt better for a long time. However, i found myself worrying again. I came across more than a few people who started with BFS that later were diagnosed with A**. Is it true that clean EMGs, fascics, even clonus, can really be leading to a later diagnosis of A**??
hawk78
Interested
Interested

Re: Can BFS led to ALS

Postby veryworried123 on September 21st, 2015, 2:18 pm

The simple answer is no

there are plenty of articles on this site that describe this in detail as the question is a common one and one we all (including me worried about)

what if this is the start of something? We have all had that. You really need to pay attention and dig into the details but there is plenty of stuff on here that will explain it

Thanks
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Re: Can BFS led to ALS

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group