Can we imagine symptoms ?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Can we imagine symptoms ?

Postby wookiette on August 14th, 2015, 1:31 pm

Hello,
i'm still in my "bulbar phase", i saw a neurologist in France in a grat hospital, that only listened to my speech and look at my tongue and said my fears were totally injustified (since i fear since 2013 ...). He adviced me see rapidly a psychiatrist to help and i'mo going to do that.
Nevertheless i'm still in this phase of fear of bulbar, but i noticed i can only have one symptom at the time.
For example, yesterday i thought slurring, that night i had to clean my throat, and today aftfer reading that losing salive at the corner of the lips could be possible, i felt just like there was a wetness in the corner of the mouth, but when i try to touch it feels dry , and in the mirror ido not see any saliva ...
Do you think we (in that case i, but generally peaople here) can imangine a symptom just after reading it ?
Just now while tiping i'm busy and do not have any symptoms ... In fact i think too that this last symptom of wetness is illogical, it must appearing after problems to swallow drink and food ? (that is not a problem today ...)

Is there some who think too our problem is essentially in the mind? Since i do not care the twitches they almost dissapeared, the same with the cramps ...
wookiette

Re: Can we imagine symptoms ?

Postby RIno468 on August 17th, 2015, 12:29 pm

The mind is VERY powerful -- more powerful than you can comprehend.

A lot of people here -- there "worsening" symptoms are all mind related.

The answer is yes
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Gamindsoc1509 on September 28th, 2015, 5:34 pm

You definitely can imagine and even manifest symptoms...

You can also notice things you usually wouldnt notice when your brain becomes hyper sensitive
Gamindsoc1509

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group