Globus Sensation questions

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Globus Sensation questions

Postby d4twitch on November 10th, 2014, 7:46 pm

So for the past 5 weeks I've pretty much had a globus sensation 24/7 and it has never gone away. Been having constant throat clearing + coughing trying to get rid of whatever it is. Constant inability to clear my throat properly. It feels like I have to swallow twice pretty often as well. I'm sure I only developed this due to anxiety over this crap, but other than fixing your anxiety, has anyone found any decent at-home methods to get rid of it or at least minimize it?

I'm pretty sure if it is acid reflux it isn't normal acid reflux, but likely LPR as I've never experienced much of the whole "acid in my throat" sensation. Other than that the only thing I can think of is post-nasal drip since I've had crazy sinuses since a couple months before this whole twitching thing started up. It's a really weird feeling though and I haven't ever quite had anything with my throat like this before, but then again I've never really had allergy problems either. Sometime's I get the taste of mucus in my mouth and tons of excess saliva all over my tongue, but I've never been able to cough any mucus up. Other times my mouth is extremely dry but the sensation is still there. It does cause my voice to sound hoarse or crack.

I'm trying to avoid doctors as much as I can since I've honestly just been too much earlier this year :P, but if it doesn't clear on its own in a couple weeks I'll go by one. Was hoping I could fix it myself.
d4twitch

Re: Globus Sensation questions

Postby physerv24 on November 10th, 2014, 8:31 pm

You're not alone. There are several of us on here with the chronic "post nasal drip" issue. I've been suffering with it for about 4 months now. I went to an ENT and he thinks mine is partly due to LPR, which will cause excess mucus and will irritate the throat causing it to swell. The more irritation, the more mucus. I also had a pretty significant deviated septum (90%) blocked on the right side. This even further exacerbates the problem as I don't get adequate drainage through my nose so it stays in the sinuses and ends up draining down my throat. I am having surgery this Friday to fix the septum.

I'll post if there is any change about a week or two after the surgery.

Vince
physerv24

Postby Jayden on November 11th, 2014, 10:02 pm

I'm having this and also I'm having voice issues hoarseness, cough, (scary) for the past 5 weeks.
appointment with ENT this week.
Jayden

Postby Yuliasir on November 12th, 2014, 1:46 am

In that case avoiding gastroenterologist might not be wise thing. Reflux is our common problem, but if neglected, it potentially may cause serious problems. I would rather recommend to visit gastroenterologist and think about proper diagnostics and treatment of GIT xondition, if any.
Reflux may cause all this constant globus feeling, excessive mucus in the throat, pains during swallowing, hoarse voice etc. It also leads to malabsorption which does not improve our general condition.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group