Making a Pact..for everyone on this site

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Jayel on August 11th, 2004, 10:28 pm

You know, I really made a solid pact with myself to never go to the internet and type in a search that could remotely lead me to more info on ALS than I had originally found. I think that at this point in time we need to make a pact with not only ourselves, but to eachother that we will NOT do that again. Most veterans have learned the lesson, but I know as a newbie it is sometimes tempting to seek out information that has been recently disclosed on other forums. I don't mean we should never respond to those who come with the fears we started with, just to those who are bringing in new information that challenges the facts on BFS.

Maybe a sticky at the top of EACH of our forums *by Aaron, which clearly dispells the many rumors and repeated hysteria that is stirred up, could calm the souls of those who arrive with other information from the sites we avoid

So many of you post the same thoughts over and over to newer posters. You are saints! Taking all of this wisdom and compacting it would allow us to focus on supporting our recovery from these fears, rather than second guessing the dx we are learning to cope with day to day. I myself get curious and starting reading things on our forum about the issue, but then isn't that equivalent to going to an ALS site myself?

Just a thought for those of you who do repeat, selflessly, the message of hope and the facts we have come to know.

Jayel

P.S. Aaron, I am not volunteering you! I was thinking along the lines of some sort of cut and paste of various responses that seem to hum the same tune...not a retyping of information. :wink:
Jayel
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group