Wanted to come on by and say hello

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Wanted to come on by and say hello

Postby Pete Borota on October 19th, 2014, 12:32 pm

Hi all,

I always promise to come past this site and to show that for 99% of people who suffer from fasics on this site that you are absolutely fine. If you read my posts I was in some very dark places like some of you on the boards here. It's natural to be taken there because of the thought of ***.

Do I still suffer fasics... Yep. But most of the time I'm Ok. Fasics are by and large caused by external agents affecting your Mitochondria. It's the inability to get energy to the muscles and nerves that cause this twitching. What's causing yours well it could be a number of things but 99% of the time it will not be MS or a*s. I was fortunate that I received a Lyme diagnosis and also extremely lucky to have one of the consultants who are at the fore front of Lyme research.

The one thing about Lyme is that it's extremely difficult to diagnose as tests are unreliable and further tests and observations are undertaken before it can be confirmed. The bad news is that it is extremely difficult to get rid off. It's an incredibly clever disease that can bypass antibiotics and is only really killed by bring the body temp up to touching 40C deg.

However other factors in fasics can be diet or gut/intestinal issues that will lead to lack of energy being received by the Mitochondria.

So don't give up, look to diet and RELAX you are not dying, please live. It took two years of my life and affected my family. 5 years later still very much alive with a wife, son and two daughters, living life and learning to live with the small challenges of occasional fasics.

Here's a big hug from me.

Take care I'll pop back again.

Pete xxxx
Pete Borota
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Wanted to come on by and say hello

Postby mikes44 on November 11th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Same boat as you, diagnosed in August with lyme. was doing really good for three months taking tinctures. but the last week fasciculations, pain, cramps, and fatigue has returned. What course of treatment are you taking? Mike :D
mikes44

Re: Wanted to come on by and say hello

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group