Worried about shrinking calf

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Worried about shrinking calf

Postby guitarguy11 on October 4th, 2014, 10:42 am

OK, so I am having a little more anxiety these last 2 days. The twitching in my right calve has really picked up, although I have been having it since the beginning of June in the right calf. My right calf has been getting stiffer and cramping some (feeling tight when I drive and when I walk, especially after sitting too long). About 2.5 weeks ago, I took a measurement of my calves, in the same place on both calves. They were a 1/4" different. No big deal. I measured again this morning in the same place...now they are 1/2" different - with the change being in my right calf - it has shrunk 1/4" in 2.5 weeks. Freaking out a little. No EMG has been done on my legs.
guitarguy11

Re: Worried about shrinking calf

Postby RIno468 on October 4th, 2014, 11:48 am

can you walk normal?

Do you HAVE (not feel) weakness in the affected leg?

The problem with measuring ourselves -- is that if i can make both legs equal -- or i can make them them different.

If i want to calm myself down I could subsconsciously measure my leg and not tighten the measuring tape as tight on one leg and make it even out.

If i want to subsconsciously get myself worked up, I could squeeze a little tighter on one leg.

You have to consider the possibility that you are doing it. Have someone else measure you if you're that concerned.

You have had a clean EMG, the Doctors gave you the OK, if you want to get another one go ahead --- but once you get the OK -- you will need to start working on the anxiety

Hope that helps
RIno468
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Worried about shrinking calf

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group