Pictures of my hands

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Pictures of my hands

Postby guitarguy11 on September 23rd, 2014, 5:31 pm

I know this is crazy, but if anyone could look at these pictures of my hands and let me know if you all see any signs of wasting. Especially my left hand. The palm has a sunken area where I feel twitches and burning. Plus the left palm feels tight when flexed and has various pains that are driving me crazy. The top is more flat than my right hand when I put my index finger and thumb together (or any of the fingers for that matter). You can also see my veins (both on the palm and the top) more in my left hand than my right.

Thanks!

I am new at posting links to pictures so I am hoping they work!

Left hand palm side up Image
Left hand top side up Image
Right hand palm side up Image
Right hand top side up Image
Left hand touching thumb to index finger Image
Right hand touching thumb to index finger Image
guitarguy11

Re: Pictures of my hands

Postby wjjw on September 23rd, 2014, 5:37 pm

Wow, more pics of normal hands (seriously).

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Scboy on September 23rd, 2014, 6:29 pm

Hands look fine to me. I obsessed over my hands the first two months I had this. I freaked out cause one hand looked different than the other. The exact issue you are seeing with the sunken palm. Perfectly normal.
I even went to a special hand doctor for evaluation and strength tests. Talk about *beep* your money away.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby J4son on September 24th, 2014, 1:44 am

guitarguy11 wrote:I know this is crazy, but if anyone could look at these pictures of my hands and let me know if you all see any signs of wasting.

Yes I can see signs of wasting... Wasting your time an energy of course and I am not saying this to minimize or dismiss your fears and concerns. But most people here have passed through the same fears concerning what they thought was atrophy. I've spend a couple of months checking my hands, thenar muscle, hypothenar muscle and I was sure to have spotted atrophy here and there yet nothing sinister happened, which proves it was not true atrophy. Despite many myths don't believe that you can have true muscle wasting and keep your strength. It amaze me how some people believe they could have lets say leg muscle wasting and still run a marathon. When you go to the Neuro he'll check your strength, reflex and sometimes order an EMG. He is not going to ask you to get naked from head to toes and start looking for atrophy, because when atrophy is present, weakness is also present.

So relax your hands are normal no need to worry.
J4son
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on September 24th, 2014, 1:57 am

Nope :) no wasitng.

And if you would stretch your palm so much as on the first photo, you obviously would have a depth in the middle of the palm. This is quite natural.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group