Hand Twitch/hotspot and fingers moving

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hand Twitch/hotspot and fingers moving

Postby hkwak002 on September 18th, 2014, 11:40 pm

Hello All,

I posted earlier in the summer about a twitch on the surface of my left hand, between my thumb and pointer. It was a light hot spot at first but starting Tuesday it has progressed to a stronger twitch that moves my thumb and pointer. My pinky is moving as well from another constant hotspot on the side of my left hand. It also feels stiff. I've found out that these muscles are the 1st interosseous muscle and abductor digiti minima muscle. I've read some people's posts about the surface of their hand twitching and their fingers moving because of it. Mine is a constant hotspot that has progressed from a light twitch to a stronger twitch. Is a twitch in the 1st interosseous muscle common in BFS? I'm obviously nervous that this is not a good sign. I've been twitching since April 2013 so I'm a year and about 4 months into this ordeal. I started with severe numbness in both my hands one night that progressed to wide spread twitching within a matter of days. I also have sensation issues only on my left side as well as this particular hand twitch. I would just appreciate any reassurance or stories of similar experiences if there are any, thank you.
hkwak002
Interested
Interested

Re: Hand Twitch/hotspot and fingers moving

Postby Neville86 on September 19th, 2014, 8:37 am

Hawk,

This twitch for me came before my dreaded tongue twitch that Im dealing with now. It was a twitch between my middle and pointer finger that caused my middle finger to move. It was kind of scary at first.

How's your tongue twitch?
Neville86
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby hkwak002 on September 19th, 2014, 11:10 pm

Hi Nev,

Thanks for your response. My tongue twitch is fine, still going. I actually just discovered today that both my thenars have started to twitch. I almost never twitched in my right hand before. Now that both thenars have started at the same time I'm getting nervous. The thenars twitching along with the interosseous muscle is making my hands and fingers very stiff. I look like I have t-rex claws. No weakness though. I would really appreciate any reassurance from those that have had this before. Did anyone have thenar and interosseous twitches at the same time, in both hands??
hkwak002
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group