Forum Doctors, Those Knowledgeable, ... (Offline)

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Forum Doctors, Those Knowledgeable, ... (Offline)

Postby misterjuanperalta on September 16th, 2014, 11:47 am

Hi,

I have neuropathy and polyneuropathy.

SYMPTOMS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20814#p156544

Thanks
Last edited by misterjuanperalta on September 27th, 2014, 2:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Re: Forum Doctors, Those Knowledgeable, Please Translate Res

Postby TwitchyDoc on September 16th, 2014, 1:15 pm

Well, i cannot tell you more than your doctor concluded. The values are not significantly deviated (lower). The needle EMG should be done. But in general, NCV is normal oe nearly normal early in the course of MND, if that is what you are asking about.
The needle part was not done? I found it Strange as fasciculations are hardly explained by NCV study results.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby misterjuanperalta on September 16th, 2014, 1:16 pm

TwitchyDoc wrote:Well, i cannot tell you more than your doctor concluded. The values are not significantly deviated (lower). The needle EMG should be done. But in general, NCV is normal oe nearly normal early in the course of MND, if that is what you are asking about.
The needle part was not done? I found it Strange as fasciculations are hardly explained by NCV study results.

EMG was done, passed - under all examined muscles part. MND is my main concern. Neuropathy was always suspected.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby Pascal35 on September 17th, 2014, 7:55 am

misterjuanperalta wrote:
TwitchyDoc wrote:Well, i cannot tell you more than your doctor concluded. The values are not significantly deviated (lower). The needle EMG should be done. But in general, NCV is normal oe nearly normal early in the course of MND, if that is what you are asking about.

EMG was done, passed - under all examined muscles part. MND is my main concern. Neuropathy was always suspected.

Since there is no electrical spontaneous activity and not even Fascics then ALS shouldn't be an issue for you.
EMG was done in the muscles you had the twitching so it should have showed something.
The report is clear so i don't see a reason for you to worry
Pascal35
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group