Scared out of my mind

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Scared out of my mind

Postby Bibi on September 16th, 2014, 6:35 am

Hi All !

I am so afraid of my symptomes. Twitching for nearly 5 months mostly in left foot and leg but also in back , thighs , face and hands . I dont know if i Twitch in my tounge , do not date to look. Had A clean clinical 2 weeks in , and 28/9 A very short clinical ( kneereflex and babinsky and no clonus. The neurologist saw The Twitches in my foot and send me for EMG 18/9 . But now i am really scared because last week i have problems with talking , have to clear my throath , specially if i have eating before speaking. Yeasterday i had food in my ( Airways ? And had to drink some Water to clear my throath. I also have pain in my Neck. I am Sorry to post this but i really need A word from someone Who knows this Bulbar fear . And i want to ask if The EMG Can rule out ( hopefully ) or in ,if The Twitches are sign of Bulbar onset .
Bibi
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Scared out of my mind

Postby German2 on September 16th, 2014, 6:59 am

Dear bibi,
I have all of your symptoms too. And even an emg being not clear....but up to now every neuro ruled out MND.
Do not panic please...you' ll be fine..just a few days to wait for emg.
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on September 16th, 2014, 7:05 am

Bibi,
coughing or clearing throat after eating means GERD (relux of food masses from the stomach to the esophagus). GERD causes coughing up to food getting in the nose (I had that two years ago). It also causes voice changes (husky voice) which is resolved by itself with some time due to edema in the throat mucous layer.
GERD needs tratment but it is not a bulbar paralysis :)))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Bibi on September 16th, 2014, 9:04 am

Thank you to your both for always answering !
For The first time i had to be home from work today because i am so worried . I also try to hide this worry for my 15 years old daugther , but i have A hard time just now. Before this speech problems i always Said to my self , no weakness is good , and i had Walked A lot , started dancelessons and has been aktive in The house. But now i am really scared.
I Will not have The EMG results right away and actually i dont know How i Will get it. My neuro Said to me to come back in 3 months to see him, The EMG Will be in A neuro physiologisk clinic in The same hospital..
Bibi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group