Finger twitch

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Finger twitch

Postby christo on September 14th, 2014, 9:54 am

Hey twitchers !

I currently have a finger twitch, running for 2 weeks, and it's driving me crazy...
It's my left middle finger, sometimes going side by side, sometimes up and down. Really annoying (I am left handed), espcially when typing.
I already had finger twitch, in fact it all started for me like this, 2 years ago in the exact same spot. I lasted about 6 or 7 weeks if I remember correctly.
Even if I have already had this kind of hotspot, it's quite rare for me. Usually I don't really have hotspot. I do have calves and feet going on 24/7 but well, I am used to it. Anyway, I am no more scared by ALS but I am asking myself if it could be something else, like a kind of ulnar or carpal syndrome (OK I admit I am also considering parkinson but pretty sure it is not that...) ?
My lefts fingers also feel swollen but I am not sure they really are. Do you think I should go back to see a neuro (last time was 6 months ago for a routine check, clean clinical, no emg done) ? Or do you think I just have to wait and it's just part of all the BFS stuff ?

So if anyone can relate, advice or whatever, thanks in advance !
christo
Hero
Hero

Re: Finger twitch

Postby Yuliasir on September 14th, 2014, 1:13 pm

hi Christo,
considering you had this already before, and considering there is no other signs of neurologicaldamage, better would be just wait and let the things go on their way. What exactly a yield may be from the neuro visit? surely your condition did not changed compared to previous years, and you just will pay for hearing the same words about BFS or stress etc. Yes hotspots are extremely unnerving but they will go away as you know.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Re: Finger twitch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group