Back after 4 Years!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Back after 4 Years!

Postby MMM on September 10th, 2014, 12:30 pm

Hey All, well its been about 4 years and I am back in full swing! I had the full monty, 4 years ago. Went on Lexapro and seemed to be able to clear the cobwebs enough to calm all of my symptoms down.'

In April, I had my 2nd baby. Had pains in my legs right from the get go, which I freaked out about being blood clots (they weren't) and then add on all these ice-bucket challenges I keep seeing everywhere and I have the full blown thing again. Painful cramps, feelings in legs. Pain in feet and hands. Some parathesias, Twitching everywhere, feelings like I can't speak, clumsy hands. This stuff runs in my family so I'm freaking out! Trying to remind myself that I've been through this before but I'm really struggling. The speech thing is bothering me the most. I've also added some vision problems to the list and even a massively strained muscle in my neck (which seems to have healed after a round of prednisone). Has anyone seen this come back with a vengence with this? Especially post baby?

Thanks!!!

MMM
MMM
Interested
Interested

Re: Back after 4 Years!

Postby emmie.s on September 11th, 2014, 6:15 am

Yes, I had my first experience about 7 or so years ago, and I even had a huge dent on my thigh (turns out was fat atrophy) and tongue and eardrum twitches. I got my anxiety under control and somehow got through it.
Then, fast forward to spring 2013...bfs came back strong. I had all you describe and more: hotspots lasting for months, pins/needles and burning, cramps and almost cramps, ratcheting and shaking, nasal regurgitation when I sometimes drank.
Going thru my symptom notes from years ago helped to remind me that I had something benign. Thankfully my symptoms have now drastically improved, but I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years I get a relapse.
Prayers to you that you get through this phase! Keep a detailed list of your symptoms for reference and to see that your varied symptoms point to bfs, and away from als.
Also, I'm sure that your little one is keeping you up at night, and we all know that lack of sleep triggers bfs. I bet that once you get a solid 8 uninterrupted hours in, you'll see your symptoms decrease.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Re: Back after 4 Years!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group