new here.. 4 months into twitching..

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

new here.. 4 months into twitching..

Postby dirkyboy098 on September 2nd, 2014, 10:01 pm

Hello all, I am new and up front I just want to say we should start a teamspeak chat group for BFS sufferers to swap "does it hurt here, or am I going mad about this buzz feeling?" stories. My twitches began exactly on May 25th. The story goes like this.. On or about a week prior, I had some peanut candy at work that was eaten on by a mouse. I discovered a wrapper chewed on and droppings near where I kept this candy but only found this after I had consumed it. OK, I was mildly thinking.. Aw *beep*, Mabey I might some disease, so I read up on what a mouse can transmit. Of course, Lyme and Rabies came up as very remote possibilities being transmitted thru saliva of a mouse. Nothing came of it though.. A week later I was working out and the next day I noticed my right thigh was twitching like mad all day, then that night in the light I saw them all over my left and right calves, and the bottom of my feet. I was freeking about about the mouse at this point and scheduled an appointment with the GP. I went in and explained the symptoms of twitching and dull pains near joints. She looked them over and did the usual motor skills tests, reflexes, strength tests, and I told her about the mouse and asked for a lyme test which she did. Later I had the same GP do a Rabies test just to be sure.. Both those came back negative as well the blood mineral / white cell levels normal. I then scheduled an EMG/NCS after reading about the possiblity of Isaccs syndrome and ALS, and MS. That came back all clear for both EMG/NCS and the practitioner who is very experienced in the whole field of EMG and very accredited thru UAB medical school assured me she saw NO signs of ALS, MS, and that Isaccs Syndrome was off the table because there was no signs of the kind of degenrations caused by the immune system. At this point, I was thinking perhaps heavy metals, floride in water, or yeast overgrowth might be the culprite so I have gone on the low sugar diet, doing things to eliminate toxins out of my system.. etc.. Needless to say, the GP wanted me to go in to a neuro but I'm reluctant to go do any further expensive tests that my insurance may or may not pay for such as MRI. At this point, I'm quite confident I have joined the ranks of BFS sufferers as the twitches are random all over my body. Elbow one moment, back the next, butt the next, back to eye, then cheek.. etc..
When things first started, I must point out I had parenthsia (is that how its spelled) in my left shin. The feeling of heat and/or a rubber band around the left leg. That lasted for about a week and has gone for the most part but if I run vigurously, I get a mild rubber band that lasts a few hours.

I have tried going low sugar, coconut milk, camomile, herbal stuff to kill possible yeast overgrowth. (other symptoms such as itchy skin, dandruff, brain fog) kind of lend me to that. Just FYI, a one week coffee fast yielded no results in the twitching dept. and only left me feeling tired as hell all day so I'm back drinking my favorite anti-oxident again.

OK.. Thats all for my intro.. My real name is Mike and I hope to make alot of friends with you guys out there.
dirkyboy098

Re: new here.. 4 months into twitching..

Postby Jocruz on September 3rd, 2014, 9:02 am

Mike,

Welcome to the club. What you're describing is typical of bfs. I believe that bfs is tied to anxiety more than anything. Mine started after the worst bout of anxiety that I've dealt with my whole life. A clean EMG means that you are MND free. Congrats.

Cruz
Jocruz

Postby trustme78 on September 3rd, 2014, 10:31 am

Hi Mike. I think your are handling the situation quite well. I just wanted to point out a similarity to myself and lots of other stories I have seen here. My symptoms started as well with paresthesia that later turned in to twitching. The twitching is still there, the burning is mostly gone. I think I am in month 5 now.

See you around. Take care and keep it up!
Volkmar
trustme78

Postby misterjuanperalta on September 3rd, 2014, 10:55 am

So, BFS starts with paresthesia?
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby trustme78 on September 3rd, 2014, 11:55 am

I didn't say that. I said that in my case it started like that and i read this a couple of times as well when i went through the archives here.
trustme78

Postby misterjuanperalta on September 3rd, 2014, 8:25 pm

I was asking and not putting words in your mouth. I started with pins and needles, hot/cold sensations and finally, to date, twitching or fascics.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby Nytviolet on September 3rd, 2014, 9:48 pm

Hi Mike,
You SO DO NOT HAVE ALS. Your only true symptom is twitching, and you've had more tests done than I've had in 17 years of twitching. You are blessed to have a proactive doctor who immediately ordered every test to put your mind at rest. I do have one suggestion though: find a better place to stash that candy! Lol. Be Well :)
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby terry in sf on September 14th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Volkmar wrote: "My symptoms started as well with paresthesia that later turned in to twitching."

Me too.
terry in sf
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group