College stress & BFS... :/

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

College stress & BFS... :/

Postby RachelLee on September 1st, 2014, 6:43 pm

I can definitely tell that college stress has been affecting my BFS lately. I feel like I'm twitching and buzzing constantly, and it wasn't nearly this bad over the summer. :( Also, over the past 2 days, I've felt this dull, achey pain in my chest. I'm guessing that's stress related, too...but the weird thing is, I haven't really been consciously stressed out. If that makes any sense. At least, I feel like I've handled it well and not been as nearly stressed out, but, everyone I tell about it chalks it all up to back to school stress. I felt this way before last semester started up, too. It's just very frustrating to have it act up and distract me when I'm trying to focus on studying. But it helps to drop in on this board and reassure myself that I'm not alone and that I'm okay. Just wondering if there's anyone else out there in college that is experiencing it get worse during school or not.
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
RachelLee

Re: College stress & BFS... :/

Postby Yuliasir on September 1st, 2014, 11:04 pm

RachelLee,
I may tell you that you may not be consciously stressed to get full size reaction. Calendar is enough stress factor :)
Your mind knows you WOULD BE stressed. You had changed your daily schedule for sure (getting up and going to bed), and this is really provoking some stress reaction already :)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby RGB on September 2nd, 2014, 5:27 pm

RachelLee wrote: Also, over the past 2 days, I've felt this dull, achey pain in my chest. I'm guessing that's stress related, too...but the weird thing is, I haven't really been consciously stressed out. If that makes any sense.

It makes a lot of sense if you subscribe to the theory that some cases of BFS are simply our way of dealing with stress. The psychological stress manifests itself as physical ailments, including fasciculations, rather than the usual 'mental worry'. Not sure if I would rather have a twitchy foot or be awake at 3AM worrying about work deadlines just preferably not both :)

RGB
My history....Jan '13: Widespread Twitches. May 13': Unremarkable Neuro Exam. Jul '13: Clean EMG. Oct '13: BFS Diagnosis Today's Date: Twitching and Healthy!
RGB
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jocruz on September 3rd, 2014, 9:04 am

BFS seems pretty common in the 18-30 year old range, I'm 24.
Jocruz

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group