TOUNGE TWITCHING after 5 years of BFS input ?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

TOUNGE TWITCHING after 5 years of BFS input ?

Postby tripper76 on September 1st, 2014, 6:34 pm

Hello all I have been twitching for 5 years now and was cleared several times by nurologists this was over a year ago ..just this morning the right tip of my tounge started twitching when relaxed and not sticking out I can see it twitch in the mirror should I be worried ?
A CALM SEA NEVER MADE A WORTHY SAILOR!
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Re: TOUNGE TWITCHING after 5 years of BFS input ?

Postby tripper76 on September 1st, 2014, 11:17 pm

No one knows ? Or no one has tongue twitching ? Hello hello Ground control to major Tom ?
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Postby christo on September 2nd, 2014, 4:25 am

as far as I know, 5 years with BFS and cleared several times by neuro is enough to say that new symptoms should not worry you.
There are a lot of other tongue twitchers here, they also have been cleared by their neuro.
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby mwagner on September 2nd, 2014, 10:56 am

Absolutely not. If you searched for tongue twitching on this board, you would get 1000s of posts. I have had random tongue twitching for 3 years now. It makes no logical sense, why anywhere else in our body can twitch, yet somehow the tongue is more ominous. We have hyperexcitable nerves and they can make us twitch anywhere.
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby Neville86 on September 2nd, 2014, 12:09 pm

I've had a near constant twitch on the left side of my tongue for two months. Here's what I've learned:

1) The idea that tongue twitching is ominous is antiquated info. It's based off of observation and clinical experience, and there was a time before the internet where people trusted their GP and had no idea about this stuff so the patient with tongue twitching rarely was referred to a neuro (my guess).

2) From what I can tell there's a specific look to ominous tongue twitches which no on here seems to have

3) the proof that they can be benign is on this board. I don't give a *beep* if you're the greatest neuro in the world and you say they can't be benign, there are people here with benign tongue fasciculations, so, THEY ARE POSSIBLE.

4) stop looking at your tongue

5) when fascics of the tongue come they seem to stick around for awhile

6) when you develop other symptoms--slurring, choking etc do some further investigating.

Be well!
Neville86
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby emmie.s on September 2nd, 2014, 1:17 pm

Ive had hotspots on my tongue years ago. Actually I have had hotspots all over. Years later I am stronger than ever. A twitch without true weakness or neurological changes is just a twitch, and BFS is a real (and a benign) disease.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby tripper76 on September 2nd, 2014, 2:51 pm

Thank you fine folks for responding . and I appreciate your input . I do know I'm my heart that after 5 years and every test under the sun by every doctor ENT Neurologist Hematologist Dermatologist Cardiologist ect. Ect. Ect. That it is BFS but sometimes I need a little help not too feel alone and to validate the fact of by asking or checking in here .
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group