Was doing great....until very recently

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Was doing great....until very recently

Postby Tiber2011 on August 25th, 2014, 6:10 pm

For months, I had been feeling great.

Yes, I'd get twitches. Here and there. I'd still go canoeing, biking, out to eat, etc.

Now, lately, I feel so weird again. I don't know if it's this Ice Bucket Challenge that is helping, but here goes:

1. Twitching has ramped-up everywhere
2. Left leg feels heavier
3. Right upper arm has a near-constant ache.
4. Numb-y feeling in my left palm.
5. I'm hypermobile, but I feel like all my joints have come loose and click and feel unusually loose in the past few days.

I'm already on Escitalopram. I don't know what else to do.

Exercise more? See a neurologist? Get another EMG/MRI?
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Was doing great....until very recently

Postby Nytviolet on August 27th, 2014, 10:34 am

If your fear is MND, it would be very atypical to affect left leg and right arm. EMG's are very sensitive and if your first was clean, you need to relax. Anxiety amps up fascics, and heavy feelings are most often caused by mechanical issues such as spinal stenosis, cervical radiculopathy, etc.. You do not sound like a MND presentation.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Andreas on August 27th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Hi Tiber!

You should not get so worried about symptoms when they getting more present or if new symptoms occour.
My spots changes often and my symptoms can be so bad that then I'am sure to have MND. But I always keep in mind that at the next day there is a chance that it will get better. It can take days, often weeks, but than it will get better! 100%!!!

So don´t give up due to you bad period of time! I know it is hard to stay rational at this time but try to do so.
A few days in the back I was completely down and thought that it will never be better again but now I am feeling better. I also know that tomorrow it can be bad again but if I would think always that way, that helps me nothing but feeds my anxiety.

So try to stay positive, as hard as it used to be!
Always keep in mind that in MND symptoms never changes from one day to another and symptoms will NEVER get better again. And a onset of two spot in the left and right region together is even more rare!

Andreas
Andreas

Postby Tiber2011 on August 27th, 2014, 10:58 pm

Thank you, everyone, for all the replies.

It's just that I'm so nervous. My right thigh won't stop jumping.

My toes hurt, as if they got weaker.

My right pinky toe clicks a lot.

I get some buzzing and fasics in my feet.

Is this a BFS relapse? I keep wanting to tell myself it is. Yet, I keep thinking the feelings in my toes, particularly on the left foot, are caused by something sinister.
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby elliottok on August 27th, 2014, 11:59 pm

I know the feeling. I've been in a "relapse" since the end of last month. I was doing pretty well before that. Started around the time I took the bar exam at the end of July - first day of the exam my right shoulder/back area was twitching uncontrollably all day. Never had any type of twitch there before. Additionally, my lower right eyelid would twitch any time I blinked hard enough - that one is still going pretty much every day since. Both calves have been constant since then, which is weird because it was mainly my left calf before. Now getting regular twitches in both thighs as well, but more so on the left side. Once again, new territory for me. This, of course, has me concerned again, so I scheduled another neuro visit for this Tuesday. This time with a guy who specializes in ALS. It's been six months since my first neuro visit and EMG, so this is a good time for a check up anyway to make sure nothing has changed.
elliottok

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group