earthquake feeling

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

earthquake feeling

Postby justwantittostop on August 6th, 2014, 10:08 pm

I am an experienced twitcher....been dealing with it for about 5 years now. I'm experiencing a new symptom which has me concerned and am just looking for reassurance. For the past two weeks (following a few anxiety inducing triggers) I have noticed while sitting or lying still that I feel like we are having a small earthquake. It's very strange (and yes, I'm sure we have not had any...). It comes and goes throughout the day and is not a problem when I'm busy or moving. I saw my general doc today and after some general balance checks, etc in the office she seemed unconcerned. Shed running lab work just to check but thinks it's anxiety related. It makes sense to me that it would be, but since this is something totally new I wanted to see if it could just be another crazy way BFS can rear it's ugly head. Anyone else out there with me? Can you share some reassuring words?? Thanks in advance.
justwantittostop

Re: earthquake feeling

Postby Steph on August 8th, 2014, 12:20 pm

I have experienced this off and on since the beginning. It was driving me crazy again for a couple of months, but seems to have disappeared over the past two weeks. If you search for "internal tremor" you will find a lot of posts about it on here and throughout the web. It isn't associated with anything sinister (unless you end up in the paranormal forums where people believe it is a form of possession :D ). It does seem to be anxiety related and seems to occur to BFSers and those diagnosed with Fibromyalgia most frequently. I can tell you from experience it will probably disappear after a few weeks/months, only to resurface again at a time of heightened anxiety. I would say that for me it is one of the more difficult symptoms to ignore, but after a year of BFS with clean exams and a clean EMG, I know it isn't fatal. Just incredibly annoying.
Steph

Postby justwantittostop on August 8th, 2014, 4:09 pm

Thank you so very much for the reply. It's very reassuring to know that I'm not alone! I'm trying really hard to stay positive and ignore it and today seems better, though still there for sure. It's been going on for about 2 weeks now so I'm hoping it will die down soon. Just need to get through this anxiety wave! It seems to just swallow me up sometimes and I have to claw my way out....
justwantittostop

Postby leaflea on August 8th, 2014, 10:27 pm

yep, used the search function for "eathquake" because I used the same term a few weeks a go and BAM many pages come up. There really is nothing new under the sun even though it seems like there is
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group