Today marks one month w/tongue twitch

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Today marks one month w/tongue twitch

Postby Neville86 on August 6th, 2014, 8:46 am

Today is the one month mark for my tongue twitch. Every day I pray that it will go away and every time I look it's still there: same spot, a flickering. I saw my GP yesterday who told me before looking it was probably nothing. He looked, said "do you feel it?" I said "no" and he said "I don't really see anything, open your mouth." He looks down my throat, listens to my lungs (??) and says he doesn't see anything worrisome and that I look good and to have fun moving (I went to go see him to get my med records because I'm moving across the country in less than two weeks). Anyway, I had to write this down. It's hard for me to say BFS because this twitch is so frequent, I can't feel it, and it's localized (although I do have pretty constant--at least 3 or 4 5 min episodes a day where my knee, temple, bicep, will twitch). The only thing that brings me solace is that I maybe caused damage to something. I know a few weeks preceding the tongue stuff my middle finger twitched quite often, especially when typing (which I was doing a lot of at the time). Again, I'm hoping this tongue twitch is somehow related to the fact that for two weeks preceding the twitch I constantly checked my tongue for leukoplakia (oral cancer fear) and got in this terrible habit of biting the left side of my tongue (side with the twitch) when nervous. This twitch doesn't fire off when at rest that I can see, but if the tongue extends AT ALL then it starts, and when the top lip touches the tongue it sets it off big time. It's almost as if it needs activation? I don't know. I'm not a neuro, I just needed to vent this stuff is killing me.
Neville86
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Today marks one month w/tongue twitch

Postby Neville86 on August 6th, 2014, 8:18 pm

Today: twitch right knee twenty minutes, twitch shoulder, twitch in lip, twitch left index finger, twitch right bicep AND my ever constant tongue twitch.
Neville86
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Neville86 on August 6th, 2014, 8:19 pm

And as I was typing--twitches in my right thigh.
Neville86
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Neville86 on August 7th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Today: left side of tongue flickering one spot, occassional pulling twitch left and right mid tongue, right butt cheek, right knee, left side abdomen twitch
Neville86
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby J4son on August 7th, 2014, 4:46 pm

My right knee twitch, my left knee twitch, both my elbows twitch, my lips twitch, my left thigh twitch, my abdomen, my back, my eyelid, my cheek, my calves, my feet, everywhere. So you’re not alone. I’ve never checked my tongue because I made a promise to myself to never check my tongue, so I don’t know if it twitches or not and I am not interested to know. Do you have true weakness? If not, you should stop worrying, MND are diseases of weaknesses not of everlasting twitching with no other symptom. So i suggest you stop waiting for a weakness that will never come, like Drogo in the book "The Tartar Steppe" who waited many years for a war that never came. And you should also stop those useless self-checking that keeps you in a spiral of fear and anxiety.
J4son
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Neville86 on August 7th, 2014, 6:21 pm

Thank you J4son this is exactly what I needed to read. I'm really stressed because I'm moving across country next week away from everyone I love.
Neville86
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Neville86 on August 8th, 2014, 1:27 pm

Very few tongue fasciculations today: very few fasciculations period. Where fasciculations appear there is this sizable dent/crater looks like a bad bite although it doesn't hurt. Confused?
Neville86
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group