Just Got Radiology result--Can Anyone Interpret?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Just Got Radiology result--Can Anyone Interpret?

Postby Nytviolet on July 9th, 2014, 4:03 pm

I've had twitching 17 years, but lately they've been worse on the left with pain/heaviness OM left. My primary doctor ordered full X-rays of my c-spine and t-spine. She's referring me to an ortho guy. Although I get twitches everywhere they've been worse on left with heavy / weak feeling in my left arm and leg. Here is the report from the Radiologist:

Five-View Cervical Spine: reversal of the normal lordosis of cervical spine with 2mm anterior spondylisthesis of c2 with regard to C3 1-2mm retrolisthesis of C4 with regard to C3 and C5. Degenerative disc changes noted levels C3 through C6. Mild bony neural foraminal encroachment is present at C3-C6 on the right and slightly more pronounced at the level of C4-C5 on the left where there is significant lateral spur. Moderate spurring also at C3-4 and C5-6.

IMPRESSION: spondylosis of cervical spine with significant bony neural foraminal encroachment appearing at C4-5 on the left.

THORACIC: The exam shows a sigmoid scoliosis of thoracic spine with endplate spondylosis and degenerative disc changes being present.

No lumbar was ordered, but I'm sure the ortho doctor will evaluate that. MY QUESTION IS, could these findings aggravate BFS and cause feelings of limb fatigue / aching? My doctor says yes, but I was hoping to get some POSITIVE input from others. If this is the cause, it's treatable and THAT'S WHAT IVE BEEN PRAYING FOR.

If you've made it this far, thank you (a long boring read). Hugs
Last edited by Nytviolet on July 9th, 2014, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Just Got Xray Results --OPINIONS PLS?

Postby Nytviolet on July 9th, 2014, 8:45 pm

Is anyone proficient at reading radiology reports?
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Just Got Radiology result--Can Anyone Interpret?

Postby Yuliasir on July 9th, 2014, 10:47 pm

well it says bony neural encroachment, significant, which means your neural tissue is captured by spurs formed on your spine segnets (vertebrae) - which means your spine causes pressure on your nerves and this causes pains etc.

if your doctor asid yes it is possible explanation, why really do you need us plain people to interpret it? I am medical translator, not a doctor, so the only thing I can tell (as if I would try to do it for myself) is that you have reversed natural spine curvature, spurs on the vertebrae and neural entrapment due to that which usually is the most common cause for neuro pathologies in the overall population. So your clinical conditin and Xray seem to be consistent for me.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Nytviolet on July 10th, 2014, 2:01 am

Much appreciation for your reply. Why do I ask reassurance of plain people? My "doctor" is a PA (physician's assistant) with a terrible bedside manner. She does not encourage rapport. The seniors on this board have seen every ghastly manifestation of BFS and the psychogic impact / damage it can do. So yes, I strongly value the input of someone who understands the medical terminology and can confirm my suspicions. Thank you again for your kind reply.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on July 10th, 2014, 3:59 am

ah, understand now - and it is really sad to have just a sulky PA on the other side of the line... but really the report shows that there might be a lot of mechanical issues in the spine. I think the next step is to take that report to an experiensed ortho or surgeon or truamatologis or even neurologist and they would be much more detailed about treatment etc :)
hope you'd be ok :)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Nytviolet on July 10th, 2014, 9:17 am

Yes, she is very sulky. When she was looking at the report and films, I asked if I could stand behind her to see them also, and she said "I'd prefer you didn't"!! I'm an educated, almost 50 year old woman who is interested in seeing the results of X-rays MY INSURANCE paid for, but I guess she didn't want me wasting her time with questions. Fortunately I've been referred to an ortho and will continue from here. Hope you have a blessed day-- thanks again.
Nytviolet
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group