My Latest Neuro Appointment at Duke

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My Latest Neuro Appointment at Duke

Postby Scboy on July 2nd, 2014, 9:06 am

I went to Duke for a followup on Monday. I complained about my midsection and how I get that feeling of heaviness that is only relieved by lying down. Dr. said it was part of cramp fasciculation thing I have. I haven't heard too many people with CFS complain about this so I was a little surprised. He gave me a prescription for Tegretol. It's weird cause I can jog and walk all day, but the second I stand still that heavy feeling comes back. Still find it hard to believe this is CFS. I feel like there is weakness somewhere in my midsection.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: My Latest Neuro Appointment at Duke

Postby muppetdog on August 9th, 2014, 10:56 am

How long have you had that feeling? Maybe it will go away. I have had things I worried about that took months to go away and then I just sort of forgot about them. The body does some strange, stupid, non-deadly stuff sometimes :)

MD
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Scboy on August 9th, 2014, 6:03 pm

It's been going on since May. It's something fairly constant, but it is much worse after I exert myself. Don't know what it is. Maybe muscle stiffness. The Tegretol makes it a little better.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby muppetdog on August 9th, 2014, 6:54 pm

That really sucks. Maybe someone else would like to comment on it. I have never had anything like that, although I have had some strange and painful stuff go on.
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group