my story- Simon from Germany

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

my story- Simon from Germany

Postby simon_ger on June 26th, 2014, 1:05 am

Hello everyone,

it`s me, Simon from south Germany.
First of all, I want to say "thank you", to all the voluntary helper in this forum.
It`s a great work that you do in here and honestly it could be a greater help over the last <12months, then many of the doctor`s visit I have had.

No I want to say sorry for every writing mistake I will do, but English is still a foreign language and I don`t like Mr. Google and his translator ;-)
So if there should be mistakes I do, pls. feel free to correct :)

But now I want to tell you my story, maybe there is some advice or calming that you might give me.

It all started more then 12months ago. I think, April 2013 was the beginning.
I was sitting in my office, doing some consulting, when my left triceps began to shake. And I realy mean, to shake :D
The whole left arm/trizeps was moving and you could barely see it through my shirt.
First I didn`t worry about that, but after one, two weeks, while nearly every day this "shaking" returns, I felt uncomfortable.
I started to do some research in the http://www... and you`ll never guess what I found out 8) The thing with A**.
I read about twitches and looked up if I could see one- additional to my left triceps.
And:"There you are!"
I found them in both of my calfs, my foots (close to the big toe, on the side) and in my hands (between the thumb and the forefinger).

Now I read every article I could find. Watched vids on youtube about twiches... what ever.
I found out about atrophy, weakness,tiredness...
Now I realy got afraid.
I went to my family doctor and she did some screening. Nothing, everything was o.k. Maybe stress or something else.
I bought some magnesium and B12, because I thought this could help.
Nothing.
A few weeks later, maybe 3weeks at all, the left triceps stopped shaking. But the calfs (and everything else) keeped on twiching.
After a period of maybe 4months, I had twitches everywhere in my entire body. Arms, legs, butt, face, shouldes (close to the armpit), back (between the shoulder blades), some times the triceps/biceps, the upper leg (close to the kneecap)...
I got mad :(
I first went to the neuro, in July/Augst 2014. She did the NLG (sorry, don`t know the right word: they measured the speed between the nervs...), but everything was okay.
2 months later, I think it was in September, I wanted to get a second opinion, cause the twiching etc. won`t go away.
So I went to the next neuro.
He did the same: stand up on your toes, walk on your heels... and he gave me letter of referral, to the university hospital in Frankfurt.
Over there, in Frankfurt, i got "the whole needle program" 8)
Needles everywhere, NLG, EMG. Everything okay.
They told me to come back after 6months, just to be sure that everything is okay.
So I did. I went back in March this year and they did the same: needles in my hands, triceps, upper leg...
Everything okay. Nothing to worry about.

What to say: I can feel most of the twitches, just the calfs are somtimes imperceptible.

BUT:
I do have all this f****** twitches, spread over my entire body.
I do feel getting weaker, especially in my shoulders and upper legs.
And I AM still afraid that there is s.t., that the medics maybe don`t see :(
Istarted stupid workouts, to test my strength.
Lifting our chairs the side raise 20reps., doing the CoC (a gripper where you have to train the closing-power of your hands...) now @ 250lbs :|

And now I`m here, sharing all this with some guys I`ll never met, wishing and hoping that you may have something to say.

Now I´m exhausted, cause that is the biggest worry I´ve ever had in my whole life!

Greetings from Germany,

Sincerely yours,

Simon

PS: To the admins: I know that there are many germanophone people, enduring the same issues like me. I saw that here is a french-forum... maybe we could start a German one, too?
I would translate g.e. "bfs in a nutshell" and moderate the German forum.
simon_ger

Re: my story- Simon from Germany

Postby Red Raider on June 26th, 2014, 1:21 am

Simon

Hi my name is Houston and the test you had with your nerves is called a NCS nerves conduction study where they shock you.

Hey man you should like me and everybody else on here with your symptoms the twitching is here to stay my friend I'm gonna be blunt it's not going away you just have to find what works for you. You have been tested by two doctors and both said nothing is wrong what else can you do. Come to this forum there are great people on here and if you read their stories you will see you are no different man than anybody else on here and twitching is a normal thing in this blog hint the name of it haha. Feel free to PM me with any question you have but just keep in your mind you are ok trust your doctors my friend and good luck.

Houston
Red Raider

Postby simon_ger on June 26th, 2014, 1:27 am

Hi Houston,

thank you man for you answer.
There are times (like today: 5 o*clock in the morning...) when I get up, and I´m sick of it all.
No joking! I had to attend my sick father for nearly 15years, when I was between 10-25... I know what suffering, hoping... and all that means. But that sh*t realy sucks!
Sorry for my mean words... but it`s like that.

I´m just afraid, that there is s.t. that they dont see. :(
simon_ger

Postby Red Raider on June 26th, 2014, 1:39 am

Simon

I'm sorry to hear about your father and there are morning I wake up and say the samething man just mad why is this happening to me? But really what are we gonna do about it you know it's so frustrating man I know where you are coming from. I find peace in The Lord and trust my doctors even on bad days I go and read over my notes saying I don't have anything sinister going on makes me feel better. Your doctor told you the same thing man believe In them I know it's hard because every minute you twitch it is a constant reminder of something bad but it's not and then your anxiety builds up and makes things 10 times worse my man try and relax I know easier said than done. Find something you really enjoy doing like my hobby is shooting guns and hunting with my dogs so that's what I go do when this sh*t happens you know. I wish I could help you more but honestly talking about it and knowing that other people have the same thing it makes it easier man.

Houston
Red Raider

Postby simon_ger on June 26th, 2014, 1:51 am

Hi Houston,

honestly... you are a blessing!
It feels so much better to talk with/to people, who know how that feels.
I think I would have gone completely crazy, if I wouldn`t put my trust in my savior and lord!
I know that every good thing comes from him and even the bad things will finaly lead to s.t. good!

Here in Germany, where I was born, people handle sickness like that not the way it seems over in the US.
Even talking about your belief is more difficult to most of the Germans.
I never felt realy well in here and now its more and more like that.
If I wouldn`t have to take care for my mom, I would try to get to the US.
That was my dream from boyhood on.

Now it´s great to get in contact with some of you guys and you Houston(Red Raider)!

Blessings,

Simon

(who has to go to work now :arrow: )
simon_ger

Postby Red Raider on June 26th, 2014, 1:55 am

Stay in touch with me ok Simon. Let me know how things are going for you and your family. Just keep going man you will defend this and win it's a battle. Take care and let me know how you are doing and I will do the same.

Houston
Red Raider

Postby Red Raider on June 26th, 2014, 1:59 am

You should still follow your dream never give up just like you said Lord our savior will see good things will happen to you believe my friend. Have a good day at work and try not to twitch haha!
Red Raider

Postby simon_ger on June 26th, 2014, 5:10 am

... tried not to twitch @ work. Failed immediately :lol:
simon_ger

Postby German2 on June 27th, 2014, 8:22 am

Hi Simon,

welcome to you!! I just want to let you know, also a lot of Germans suffer the same thing here as you...So you also not alone in Germany ;-) I'm twiching since 11 month now, but problems started 2 years ago, with just twiching of my pinkies, sensible sensations, burning sensations, nerve pain and also - slight muscle decline...which made it even more horrible for me. *** was ruled out more than once. But my live was so non existent over the last year, I can tell! In my case it seams all to have autimmune reason (thyoid and more). So the reasons for twiching might have a wide variety. My fear about *** declined a bit, because I am into it all for quite a longer time. But I am still suffering from much symptoms hoping that life becomes better not too far away....All the best for you!
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby simon_ger on June 28th, 2014, 11:46 am

Hi there, hi German2!

It`s crazy, I never would have guessed that there are so many people out there, suffering under this.

The thing that sucks the most, is the feeling of getting weaker and thinner. Even if it`s not like that :?
simon_ger

Postby German2 on June 28th, 2014, 12:05 pm

Yes, it is a crazy circus...really! I don't know where the road leads me...but we learn to live with it better after a while I am sure...
German2
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group