migrating numbness old timer 5 years

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

migrating numbness old timer 5 years

Postby tripper76 on June 6th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Hello all,
It's been quite awhile since I've checked in here's a little follow up... so in 2009 I started getting twitches with turned into every day all over and has been that way for 5 years although Either they quit bothering me as much or decreased some... also have tremor and what I hate the most migrating numbness like in patches my lips side of face then arm fingers legs butt ect so my question is how many of you have the numbness
A CALM SEA NEVER MADE A WORTHY SAILOR!
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Re: migrating numbness old timer 5 years

Postby tripper76 on June 7th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Bueller?? Ha sure is funny how this place had changed there used to be a lot of helpful folks on here that made it their duty to atleast respond in someone way to every post... well I'm out of here y'all keep your heads up
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Postby Xina535 on June 7th, 2014, 6:13 pm

Hi, I do not experience any numbness, that I know of. I have pain and tingling in my right hand, but I can't tell if there is numbness. I do get dexterity issues at times, where it feels weird to hold my pen or write, but is that due to something being numb, not sure. Not sure if that helped at all!
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby tripper76 on June 7th, 2014, 6:30 pm

I get the dexterity thing as well. Thanks for the reply! I seen listed in the symptoms of BFS migrating parastehsis so I was wondering how many actually have this... besides me Lol
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Postby carrie3972 on June 7th, 2014, 9:21 pm

Ohmygosh!!!!! Tripper!!!! You and I were about the same time in our stuff. Glad to see you! Whatever is going on, know at 5 years you are doing great!
carrie3972

Postby tripper76 on June 7th, 2014, 9:34 pm

Hi Carrie,
Yeah I hardly ever worry about the twitches anymore unless I get a long lasting hotspots I get a little unnerved no pun intended. I am however concerned about this migrating numbness and dizziness hope your well
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Postby Steph on June 9th, 2014, 10:50 am

I have been experiencing migrating numbness and a pins and needles feeling for the past couple of months. It varies from a spot the size of a quarter on my scalp, to my entire left leg and buttocks. It comes and goes throughout the day and moves around my entire body. My arms have also been numb upon waking several nights. The past couple of days it does seem to have improved. I started twitching last August with a clean EMG in October. The numbness, tingling started in April. My twitching is fairly minimal right now, a few here and there after exercise, stretching, upon waking, etc. With the numbness and parathesia, I also have been having internal vibrations of my entire upper body just as I fall asleep/wake up. I wasn't sure if this was BFS and have done some digging and haven't come up with anything. There was a thread on another health forum where someone describes exactly what I have been experiencing. After a couple of years, a multitude of tests, and a false Parkinson's diagnosis, a doctor labeled it Fibro and prescribed Lyrica. She did think the Lyrica improved the symptoms. I am considering going back to the Neuro and discussing Fibro and Lyrica, since I also have tender points, etc.
Steph

Postby donnastar on June 9th, 2014, 2:06 pm

Not migrating numbness for me but after I saw the neurologist for the first time back in October I've experienced numbness and tingling to my hands and fingers that wakes me up at night. Thanks for stopping in Tripper as I always wonder how others are doing and if their symptoms have hopefully resolved or improved or if not what they experience after many years of this mess. Take Care.
donnastar

Postby tripper76 on June 10th, 2014, 6:03 pm

Thanks for the replys everyone
Steph yes the migrating patches you describe are what I experience I've also had the vibrating thing.... thanks for posting I see a neurologist again on the 16th I'll let ya know what they say
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Postby leaflea on June 10th, 2014, 11:09 pm

steph - I get the vibrations you describe, usually on waking and sometimes on going to sleep if I don't sleep fast enough - so shortly after lying down. And tremor. And mild dexterity problem with left hand. Vibrations. just about all of it. And, just like the old days - the place does serve a purpose tripper. I am about 8 months in and just last week started this dang numbness on my one side of the face and also very slight swelling. It is really freaking me out and if you google cheek numbness, of course nothing good would come up. It is driving me crazy and somehow helps to see that you, a five year vet, also have this. So thank you and know your post served a purpose. I don't check the board daily - trying to really limit the time I give to this disorder.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby DKM on June 10th, 2014, 11:28 pm

I also get dexterity issues. My hand writing can go from being ok to bad.
DKM

Postby Xina535 on June 11th, 2014, 5:26 pm

me three with dexterity issues. i HATE it!! Mainly when I write and when I brush my teeth.

Also, I have been getting some tiny cheek twitches or tingling very recently, like since I last posted above, and my cheek will feel heavy like it is hanging, and I've thought "wow, it feels numb, is it numb?"

It lasts just like a couple minutes and leaves...

I feel like I am possessed sometimes. It's like a ghost is living inside me and just tugs and pulls around on my nerves whenever and wherever it wants, causing tingling there, twiching there, a pain Point there, numbness in my cheek...I'd like to rip it out and beat it back to its grave!
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby leaflea on June 11th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Xina -- funny you should say you feel like there is a ghost in there. Just today I was comparing my body to a haunted house!!! We should search the archives for those terms. Funny how many of us experience things similarly around the same time. Cheek hanging is one way to put it but it lasts more than a week. Actually better today though, so I am thankful for that. Boo!
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Steph on June 12th, 2014, 8:55 am

It is funny you are bringing up the "ghost" idea. When I was googling one of my symptoms where it feels like my whole body trembles as I fall asleep/wake up, I stumbled upon a thread on another forum where people who have this actually believe it is spirits possessing them. None of them are worried about ALS. Maybe we should just go with the possession theory and spend our time researching exorcisms instead of dreadful diseases :D
Steph

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group