Health anxiety

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Health anxiety

Postby leaflea on June 5th, 2014, 10:42 am

Really stinks. I've been working on this so hard and thought I had come along way and today I feel like I'm back at square one. Can anyone else relate to this? Now I have had a little bit of a bloody nose a little bit of a swollen cheek, some swelling in my cheek, and swelling around my eyes. I am scared to death but this is cancer. Of course there are 1 million other causes for these things but I have an appointment with an E and T later today. This is miserable. I hate this feeling.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Re: Health anxiety

Postby DoubleD on June 5th, 2014, 12:59 pm

Sounds like allergies or an allergic reaction to something.
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby Red Raider on June 5th, 2014, 4:31 pm

I had the same thing I'm always sneezing blood or bloody nose and snot I know it sounds gross but i live in a dusty environment in the cotton fields of West Texas I just went to the ENT and I had acute hearing loss in my right ear it's been ringing and numb feeling. They are choking it up to be allergy related just as DoubleD stated good luck.
Red Raider

Postby leaflea on June 5th, 2014, 8:05 pm

Haha. I spoke the last post into my phone. ENT says sinus infection. I have had them before without cold/congestion or allergy symptoms but really? He was reassuring. It's like my nose is on backward and drains into my face. Why do I get such oddball stuff? Seriously. I'll take a sinus infection. Just give me a normal one. Thanks guys.
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on June 5th, 2014, 10:48 pm

people can have swelling mucous tissue in the nose for three reasons:

1. Infection
2. Allergy
3. Spontaneous autonomous reaction (in my country it is called 'vasomotor cold')

looks like BFS people have more symptoms of spontaneous autonomic neural activity causing swelling of mucous tissue (globuses, etc.) and release of liquid (coughing, sneezing, running noze).
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby leaflea on June 6th, 2014, 12:08 am

The doctor almost laughed me out the door when I mentioned cancer. Of course I had googled and bloody nose combined with cheek swelling was nothing good. He said that the advice from the internet is worth exactly what you pay for it: Nothing. He said quite definitively there was no cancer. The blood was coming from the rear, not the front, which is more unusual and scared the bejeezus out of me. Honestly, gotta get a grip.
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Red Raider on June 6th, 2014, 12:10 am

Glad to hear the good news! You sound like me "Got to Get a Grip"
Red Raider

Postby leaflea on June 11th, 2014, 7:44 pm

This problem now spread to the ear last night and I am not sure I even have a sinus infection. I couldn't hear if I smiled, the ear closed itself and it hurt and I had a headache with it too. I think this is part of bfs with the cheek numbness and ear congestion. Ive been on antibiotics which should prevent an ear infection. Crazy thing is - better today. Slept with ice on my face and ear. Either this is bfs or the antibiotic finally kicked in after three days. Who else gets the migrating numbness besides tripper who posted yesterday. I think that is what it is...it certainly was no typical sinus infection and didn't respond like one to the medication either.
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Red Raider on June 11th, 2014, 10:11 pm

Hey I had the same thing last week I went to the ENT I had acute hearing loss in my right ear hurt like hell had a bad headache and my ear felt full and ringing. He gave me a steroid (prednisone) it cleared up in 3 days back to normal maybe you want to mention that. It helped me tremendously.
Red Raider

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group