Is this madness?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Is this madness?

Postby Tiredofbfs on May 15th, 2014, 6:53 pm

I visited a doctor specialized in genetic disease he told me that people with genetic disease will have the left leg shorter than right. Have you heard of this before ? How true is it. He measures the length got my leg and without any clinical exam told me I don't have ALS.
Tiredofbfs
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Is this madness?

Postby SecretAgentMan on May 15th, 2014, 7:26 pm

Studies have shown that your thoughts alone can change the expression of genes. Source: http://www.sci-news.com/othersciences/p ... 01305.html

I don't know anything about the correlation of leg length and ALS, but I do believe our attitude in life is far more important than any other factor.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on May 16th, 2014, 4:33 am

I believe....there should be many reasons legs can be different sizes. Is he talking about true length discpreancy (like they did an x-ray and could see that your bones are not the same length) or is he talking about the fact that you go in there, he has you lay down and then one leg is slightly longer than the other?

If the latter (which sounds like in your case), then I don't think that should be an automatic indication of a genetic disorder. I went to a thai massage class once, and they found that everyone's legs were uneven. After a few manupulations of the pelvis, everyone's legs were even again. This uneven-ness can be cause by posture issues, spine mis-alignments, muscle constriction, etc.

I would think if they measure the bones and recognize there is a true discrepancy in leg length, this could possibly have to do with genetic disorder, or is hereditary or could be due to how you developed while in the womb. (?)

It is suspicious to me how a doctor can rule out any disease or claim genetic disorder just by comparing leg length. If you are concerned, then I would seek a different doctor.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group