Very important for me! spinal tab

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Very important for me! spinal tab

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 8th, 2014, 4:16 am

Hi together, has anybody experiences with a spinal tab? My doctor mentioned this, I have heard it should be very painful? Thank you so much for answering. My doctor whants to do this tomorrow, so I would be very very thankfull for some answers. Thank you, because I don`t no what I should do...
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Very important for me! spinal tab

Postby Xina535 on May 10th, 2014, 3:20 pm

Hallo,

I had a spinal tap, and it was not fun. The actual procedure takes 5 minutes and is painful. The worst part for me was the week after.....it took me 1 week to feel like myself again. The fluid they take out has to re-produce in your spine and with some people it's slow and some people it can re-fill after a couple days. The symptoms I had for the week were: severe pressure in my head, feeling like it was going to explode, the worst I have ever felt. Also, burning sensations in my neck and arms. I threw up a few times due to the pressure in my head.

I have told everyone to NEVER get a spinal tap unless it was absolutely necessary and it seems in your case if your doctor is recommending it, and you have never had this test before, and you have lots of symptoms, then I think you should do it. I would talk to your doctor though, and ask why exactly they want a spinal tap, what are they looking for. I also recommend looking up what a spinal tap is online, in your native language (German) so you know more about it and the risks before doing it.

Liebe Grüße!
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 15th, 2014, 9:55 am

Thanks Xina, but... too late... I have had the spinal tab and it wasn`t funny. Now I have pain in my head. They found nothing, and I am still anxious, because my left arm gets weaker and weaker...
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group