Very scared. Fasciculation in my tongue!help please

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Very scared. Fasciculation in my tongue!help please

Postby Labrie on May 5th, 2014, 4:38 am

Hello friends, I am very scared, I'm nervous. I have twitching all over the body for 2 years and 4 months ago. I had an EMG of legs, arms at 6 months and everything was clean. I was relaxed these months, almost without fear but today I felt a fasciculation on my tongue and I have become very nervous.
You can see the video, I've never had a tongue fasciculation, that scares me
https://vimeo.com/93973480
Has anyone had something similar?
Labrie
Interested
Interested

Re: Very scared. Fasciculation in my tongue!help please

Postby TwitchyDoc on May 5th, 2014, 5:28 am

Man, I know how you feel. My tongue started twitching 3,5 years after the onset of my widespread fasciculations - more than 3 years ago. I was too extremely scared (my posts are still there). But believe me, you are not the only one - I posted a link to my video a few days ago in this section of the forum. There are others like us, though it is not as common as calf twitching. There are members like Matt (Bobajojo) who was examined at Mayo clinic and he is fine.. I am sure he will reply to this post.
I know it is scary because many doctors consider it bad but that is probably just because our condition is quite rare.
Relax and check my video - it is very much the same.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby Labrie on May 5th, 2014, 5:40 am

Thank you, my neurologist said that no matter the location of the fasciculation. It can happen anywhere. If in eyes that can not happen anywhere else?
Anyway after 3 hours, my friend fasciculation has disappeared from my tongue.
Labrie
Interested
Interested

Postby TwitchyDoc on May 5th, 2014, 6:00 am

I was in pretty similar situation. The first bout of tongue fasciculations lasted like one hour, then nothing for a week or two and then they started appearing for a few seconds..and it has been like that since then.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby Labrie on May 5th, 2014, 7:20 am

Unfortunately fasciculation is back ....
Labrie
Interested
Interested

Postby Rothhaar on May 5th, 2014, 9:38 am

Labrie wrote:Unfortunately fasciculation is back ....

Well, that happens.
The strange thing about tongue fasciculations in my personal case is that I never really bothered about them. I freaked out about every new twitch, every new cramp, every new myalgia, every new joint pain, every humming etc., but never about my tongue fasciculations. And that is because I read very early here on the forum that bulbar onset **S usually comes along with slurred speech or an inability to project your voice.
However, since I give several hours of lectures every day, I am probably so self-assured about my voice and my speech that I never ever thought about bulbar onset **S. Hence my tongue fasciculations disappeared after just two days and never came back.
Just don't think about them (I know it's so difficult) and they will disappear as well in your case.
Rothhaar

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group