Help!! BFS or something more sinister?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Help!! BFS or something more sinister?

Postby Nathan75 on April 30th, 2014, 10:15 am

leroyb wrote:Tough to get one where I am from. Unless a part of me visibly and obviously doesn't work I'd be waiting a minimum of 6 weeks.

Yes, i was told by my local doctor a few weeks ago that i would possibly have to wait 2 or 3 months, or maybe more, to see a neurologist and that would just be my first appointment which wouldn't include an EMG or anything.
I wasn't prepared to wait that long so i went and seen a private neurologist (which admittedly wasn't cheap, but was well worth it). Luckily the one that i seen was very nice, and he referred me back to my local doctor by writing to him and saying that i needed an EMG, just for piece of mind.

Just thought i would add that i have been taking Vitamin B12-complex sublingual liquid for the last couple of days, and although my twitches are still there i don't think they are as bad as what they were. After just 2 days of using this supplement maybe it's just a coincidence that the twitches are not as bad? Time will tell i guess.

Nathan.
Nathan75

Postby leroyb on April 30th, 2014, 11:28 am

I started Vitamin B12 supp few days ago and I am convinced it is helping.
One thing is that is sure to setoff a firestorm of twitching for me is bananas!
leroyb
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nathan75 on May 27th, 2014, 10:27 am

Hi guys. Hope you are all well.

Just thought i would pop back on and let you know how i've been getting on.

I have had my EMG (which was done on both legs, and also my right hand - No idea why he chose to do my right hand and not the left, i guess he just felt he would do the one closest to him :) I get the results back tomorrow - I'm hoping for the best.

Overall since my last post my anxiety levels have dropped a little, and i have also managed to keep the fear of *** under a fair bit of control. My thoughts now are that if this was something really bad like *** then surely (after 3 and a half months of numerous symptoms) it would of really showed itself by now. I can still do all the things i could do before all this started, i.e walk properly (even though i still have pain/cramps in my legs most days), talk properly (even though it feels as if my throat is blocked/lumpy sometimes), lift heavy objects etc, ...so with each passing day the fear gets less and less.

As for the twitching.... I'm still getting random twitches here there and everywhere, but the constant twitching in the arches of my feet seemed to have calmed down at the moment by about 50%, but unfortunately for the last 3 weeks the twitching has seemingly transferred itself all to my right eye. It's so annoying :!: I just wish it would stop as it's driving me nuts :!: :x

Oh, and earlier today i had a great big thumping twitch going on in the top of my left arm for about an hour non stop. I just took one look at it and said ''twitch and thump as much as you want but you won't get me scared of ***''! - And guess what... as soon as i said it the twitching stopped a few minutes later :lol:

I will report back tomorrow with my results.

Take care.

Nathan.
Nathan75

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Support Group