Help, please answer! left arch is smaller than the right

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Help, please answer! left arch is smaller than the right

Postby nrwtwitcher on April 28th, 2014, 12:29 pm

Hi, my left arch of my foot is smaller than the right one. The muscle at the side from the big toe, I am twitching since a few month in this area, also in other areas. Sometimes my big toe moves to the side. I really hope that there is anyone who can tell me something about this. Thank you.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Help, please answer! left arch is smaller than the right

Postby DoubleD on April 28th, 2014, 12:45 pm

so is mine. no worries. our body is not symmetrical . my left forearm is also smaller then my right. with a dent! :) that one really freaked me out. took awhile to get over it. i bet one of your calves is smaller (and both smaller in the morning if you are measuring, which i hope you are not), one bicep is smaller........I use to measure everything 3x a day. Get off that viscious cycle

my toes and my fingers will move and lock in place. remember you have tiny muscles in there that dont take much to move. its kind of a twich/cramp rolled into one. very very common. my hands shake also and will get frozen sometimes. no worries

You are find my friend. just good ol BFS.

The more you twitch the better you are. :)

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby DoubleD on April 28th, 2014, 12:49 pm

also a muscle can twitch by a nerve and spring that baby like a piano wire.
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on April 28th, 2014, 1:24 pm

Exactly same here. I noticed it very early on when I started taking inventory, about the same time that I noticed my left calf was smaller than the right. They were like that then, and are still like that over 9 years later. Asymmetries are normal. And my arches never stopped twitching 24x7.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby ShawnW on April 28th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Everything on my left side is smaller than my right...thankfully I noticed this many years ago. If I had just noticed it during these recent fears I would have been a mess.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby leaflea on April 28th, 2014, 9:16 pm

Double D wrote:

"so is mine. no worries. our body is not symmetrical . my left forearm is also smaller then my right. with a dent! that one really freaked me out."

All I can say is "ditto!" But, it hasn't changed in a few months so I think I'm good.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on April 30th, 2014, 2:00 am

DD, Shawn, wjjw, leaflea: Thanks Thanks a lot! It is so frightening for me to see this difference. I am not sure if I had this before. The worst twitching is also exact in this smaller area... but it is really good to read, that you also have differences in that area. The more often I look the bigger seams the difference.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby DoubleD on April 30th, 2014, 8:01 am

It is so frightening for me to see this difference. I am not sure if I had this before.

That has been said and exp by at least a 1000 people around here including myself! Trust me you are more tuned in to your body then EVER before. Unless you stop you will notice everything. Pulls, pushes, twitches, ticks, heart rate, pain, fatigue, hotspots, wetspot feelings, ...............The mind is a powerful powerful thing. You must gain control Immediately or it will gain control of you.

The worst twitching is also exact in this smaller area...

for now maybe. until it moves somewhere else. It doesnt matter. Big twitch, small twitch, rumbling, rolling, popping, crackling.........its all BFS

The more often I look the bigger seams the difference.

That statement sums up the beast that is anxiety! keep saying that and quit looking. Look away. Do something else with your time like live my friend. You have recognized it now rememdy it.

DD

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on April 30th, 2014, 9:09 am

nrwtwitcher wrote:The worst twitching is also exact in this smaller area...

That was exactly why I noticed the size difference in my left calf. I was looking closely at it because it was twitching more than the right, and also getting cramp-like aching. I was not happy when I noticed the size difference, but reasoned that it must have always been like that because it was just as strong as the right. You'll be fine. Stop looking at your arches. :)

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby partchy on April 30th, 2014, 9:50 am

My wife tells me off everytime i sit watching my arm or my hand or my legs! to be honest i think that these dents have always been there, its only now that we notice them because we think its related to somthing more sinister, im convinced my right wrist is smaller than my left yet there is no strength difference between the 2, well im right handed so there is more balance etc but as im having troubles with right side i keep thinking its somthing! im fairly new to this but having read loads of posts im potentially experiencing what 99% of people on here are goign through!

im not going tell you to stop watching or looking at yourself because i cant stop at the mo but i know once i stop and start living again im sure i and you will be fine :D
partchy
Interested
Interested

Postby ShawnW on April 30th, 2014, 8:33 pm

nrwtwitcher wrote:DD, Shawn, wjjw, leaflea: Thanks Thanks a lot! It is so frightening for me to see this difference. I am not sure if I had this before. The worst twitching is also exact in this smaller area... but it is really good to read, that you also have differences in that area. The more often I look the bigger seams the difference.

I get the most amount of twitching on my smaller side as well. Means nothing.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 1st, 2014, 6:25 am

Thank you all. I am so thankful for your answers and hopeful words! This forum helps me a lot. My arches are really very visible different. And it makes me scareful that the twitching areas fall asleep quite often. I hope the best. The muscles of my left foot are also thinner and that foot also cramps a lot. I do not understand this, 7 months ago I had nothing... and than it started and got more and more worse over the time.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby German2 on May 21st, 2014, 12:58 pm

This post is a bit older, but I will answer to it though, because with me it is the opposite. My right foot arche is much smaller, but my hotspot is the left one. For me that is much more complicate to explain, because as far as I learned, twiching makes the muscles more slim. Then why it is in my case just the other way around. And I am really sure, that both of my foot arches looked different 10 month ago...I am really sure, because my twitching have begun there and in the first months I thought...well the arches look still ok. So if you twitch where it is smaller, it sounds more reasonable to me...
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 21st, 2014, 1:26 pm

My dear German2, I have not heard that twitches makes something smaller in BFS... ?
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby nrwtwitcher on May 21st, 2014, 1:44 pm

since a few days I have twitches like a "machine gun"... very very fast series in several muscles...
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Support Group