Vibrating Thigh now twitching in different places

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Vibrating Thigh now twitching in different places

Postby partchy on April 19th, 2014, 5:33 am

Hi M y name is Lee and i'm new here, wasn't sure if this was the right place to post my first thread, if not then can a mod please move to the correct place :D
Ok, here's my story, and from what I have read here there and everywhere my symptoms are similar...

I'm not sure what is happening to me at the moment but ill try to best explain, About 3-4 weeks ago I started noticing an "internal vibration" or buzzing in my right thigh (Quad) didn't think much of it, in fact as many others will say I thought it was my phone, so I moved my phone to my left side and turned off vibration, it continued...

A bit of background info, I'm a keen runner with a not too stressful job but have recently had a 3rd baby (who can be quite demanding) I had been running into work and back most days about 8miles a day and on sunday doing about 10 - 11 miles (training for a Half Marathon) after reading up on the internet it could be muscle fatigue I put it down to that... I should have left it there!!

I didn't, I continued to research why it kept doing it!! it was only noticeable at work when sat down at the my desk, or when I was relaxed but never when I was running or walking or otherwise occupied, Unfortunately I came across how twitches and muscle vibrations can be the related to ALS or MS or any neurological disease...

within a couple of days I was twitching in my leg, calf's, hands, face, got a shaky finger, feel itchy, feel week in my right hand, shoulder/neck feels stiff, think my vision had taken a turn for the worse, feeling nauseous, Seem to have an extra wind problem (IBS) with some stomach discomfort and pain around my chest/Ribs area and regularly waking up with a numb hand (usually the right but sometimes the left)

I find myself daily testing my strength in my hand, then my legs, feet, checking my hands for atrophy, thinking my right side (i'm right handed) seems like there's more dents or doesn't have the same mobility as my left only this morning I have noticed that my right thumb can't bend back as far as my left (I may have always been this way) to be honest it consumed my life at the moment and I just can't shake this in my head! I am convinced its all psychological because it went off the charts as soon as I thought I had a neurological illness!

I'm off to the docs on the 29th and I am hoping that he will know just from seeing me if there is anything more sinister going on here, to be honest i'm terrified of going for any EMG or MRI etc for fear of the results!

I wish I could go back 4 weeks and just accept my thigh was vibrating and move on ( it barely does it now)

Thanks for listening.

Cheers :)
partchy
Interested
Interested

Re: Vibrating Thigh now twitching in different places

Postby ShawnW on April 19th, 2014, 6:57 am

Nothing in that history sounds sinister...sounds like nearly every story here. Rest easy.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Tiber2011 on April 21st, 2014, 10:56 pm

Yea, I have the exact same issues you have. You sound pretty healthy and normal and will most likely rebound from this twitching/vibration stuff.

The part you mentioned about the vision you may have to elaborate on. However, tell your doctor about the vision part.
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on April 22nd, 2014, 12:24 am

as for vision: we had here a fellow mwmber who had sudden development of myopia after BFS onset. Sometimes it happens, especially for hypermobile people (you mention you can press your thumb back which is common for hypermobile people, and please do not worry about that - for example, my left hand is hypermobile and my right isn't).
Also, people often take temporary blurring caused by tear sheet for something sinister.
Another common issue is 'tension blurring' caused by tension in the neck, also it might be just tiredness (like it appeared in my case this year)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby leaflea on April 22nd, 2014, 4:45 pm

I must also add that I have had rather sudden myopia after enjoying 10+ years of better than perfect vision thanks to Lasik. Still pass my driver's test without glasses, but there is no question my vision has changed and I often squint. Eye doc said I'm lucky..developing "monovision" which some people will pay a lot for. Don't need cheaters or regular glasses, the trade-off is losing the crystal clear sharp vision I had not too long ago.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby partchy on April 23rd, 2014, 4:06 am

Hi,
for replying, RE the vision thing, little bit of background, i am supposed to wear glasses when watching TV, Driving etc, (im short sighted) i tend to not wear them as im quite vain 8)
i quite often squint especially in the evening but i put this down to tiredness, but generally im fine, again i think thsi is somthing that i have exaggerated due to my constant worry of what i may or may not have! For Example i was playing snooker with my gramp sunday (without my glasses) and the balls under the lights seem to be like an extra bit of blurry vision on top of the actual ball (do you know what i mean?) but again, it could always have been like that, im only making more out of it because im worried at the moment! i do have a slight pain,discomfort in the left hand side of my neck/shoulder though most of my issues seem to right sided?

Im sure like everyone else, i really hope this is is in my mind and im making more of it than i should have done, unfortunately im now in a bit of a negative cycle in my mind and finding it hard to shake off.

One positive that i notice from things i have read is that any of my "symptoms" only manifest when im A) relaxed B) thinking about where my next pain,twitch will appear. Never notice anything when im busy moving or excercising.
partchy
Interested
Interested

Postby partchy on April 30th, 2014, 1:55 am

Bit of an update after my visit to the docs, I have an appointment to have my bloods taken friday, Based on the information i provided to him, he didn't seem overly concearned about anything at the moment, he said that it was most likely anxiety or stress along with over excercise but we'll do the bloods first to rule out anything blood related.
:D
partchy
Interested
Interested

Postby partchy on May 15th, 2014, 3:29 am

Just wanted to let you know i had my blood results back and all the test that they did (about 70 numbers) everything was within the range of normal, kidneys 100% vitamins,iron and minerals etc all excellent and he said that there was indication of my immune system attacking itself...

I have been feeling better in the last 2 weeks, i think i have whilst still thinking about stuff, its become more infrequent and im not dwellign on it, infact i haven't even googled or been on here until today, still get some twitching but im learning to accept and embrace them! they never happen during excercse or if im busy but when im relaxed which would point more towards BFS or abit of anxiety rather than anything else... and most importantly i have all my natural strength in my feet,legs,arms hands etc!

Yesterday was the 1st day of the rest of my life, time to stop worrying about something i don't have and start living!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
partchy
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group