Right Foot weird

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Right Foot weird

Postby Red Raider on April 17th, 2014, 11:28 am

Last two weeks I've been feeling a weak sensation in my right ankle. I get a twitch or two on top in the bend on the outer side. I can still walk and run and plant my foot but this sensation will not go away. It has me worried I also get a buzzing feeling like your foot is on the gas pedal of a running car going down the road. It's like a humm it wakes me up at night like a real fine twitch. I can only feel it but cannot see it. Has anybody experienced this and how long does it last I had an EMG in Feb and it was Neg but he only tested my left leg, left and right arms and para spinals but not the right leg. I hope some folks have had this. This is the really the only bad thing that has me hanging on to my fears I'm trying to get over having ALS. Any response would be great!

Thai is such a great forum and full of great people. Thank you so much for the help and I hope everybody has a good weekend and pain free God Bless.
Thank
Houston
Red Raider

Re: Right Foot weird

Postby leaflea on April 17th, 2014, 12:18 pm

Yes, I have had this and searched the internet far and wide about it. "Anxiety" always comes up! Imagine that? Over and over. Yes, I am anxious - it seems to come part and parcel with BFS. I am not certain which causes which but I do know that anxiety and bfs are close cousins and just seem to go together by whatever mechanism. It is like a tapping, electrical, vibrating fast twitch, starting above the ankle, coming out the bottom of the foot. Like a fast water drip or a tiny motor revving. I had it in one leg, then a few weeks, the other. Most noticeable at night, but if I paid close attention it was going most of my waking hours also. It lasted a few weeks in each leg. Thank goodness it is now gone for several weeks with zero weakness! These things migrate around. I haven't determined if this is sensory or a fast twitch really. I decided it does not matter.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Red Raider on April 17th, 2014, 1:59 pm

Thank you so much for reply so quick. But you did have weakness and it went away that is my biggest concern but it's not to where it is disabling me just it feels weak I don't know what to do just freaking out but thank you so much I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Thanks Houston
Red Raider

Postby leaflea on April 17th, 2014, 4:24 pm

I feel no weakness in the left where I first had this weird twitch/sensation. But I did have what I think is perceived weakness in the right foot, and actually tripped over a rug one day which sent me into a tailspin. But that was weeks ago already and sort of a distant memory, so I must be fine.
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby ShawnW on April 17th, 2014, 7:33 pm

Perceived weakness is VERY common. I had much perceived weakness that resolved when my anxiety level dropped. Try to relax unless you want to totally wreck your nervous system with adrenaline.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Red Raider on April 17th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Thanks to the both of you guys. I think I could crack this fear if I could get to feeling strong again but probably once that happens something will go array who knows guys but thanks for the support and y'all Easter weekend is great and God Bless. I hope this is perceived it's been going on for two weeks from morning to night I don't know how long perceived last but who knows wish you guys the best.
Houston
Red Raider

Postby leaflea on April 17th, 2014, 8:14 pm

Remember with the dreaded disease, weakness is a FAILURE, not a FEELING - a feeling you describe indicates it is a perception. Feeling a buzzing twitch like you are pressing on the gas pedal vs. actually being UNABLE to press on the gas pedal with your full usual strength.
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group