Twitching ramps up after virus

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Twitching ramps up after virus

Postby Steph on April 14th, 2014, 2:21 pm

Hey everyone,

I have been experiencing BFS symptoms for 7 months now and I believe my initial symptoms were likely due to severe anxiety. My symptoms had greatly improved in the past couple of months (I had almost completely forgotten about BFS and training for a half marathon was going great!). However, I came down with a viral infection last week that resulted in a four day fever and bed rest and am now twitching like crazy again. My right eyelid will not stop. My left arm is trembling again. Ugh! Any advice for getting back to a better place quickly? I was nearly "in remission" and am frustrated this virus seems to have sent me back to square one.
Steph

Re: Twitching ramps up after virus

Postby ShawnW on April 14th, 2014, 8:33 pm

I think the biggest key is to realize you are ok. Accept that as fact even though your body is telling your different. I had significant leg and arm weakness (perceived), muscle fatiguability, twitching everywhere before my neuro appt. After a good report...it all got better...quickly. The twitching is still there but Im back to hitting the weights. So, not getting worked up over it will go a long ways to your improvment. Realize you might have exacerbated symptoms for awhile...and don't feed the monster.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby DoubleD on April 15th, 2014, 12:15 am

Getting sick is a major flare for BFs. You are fine. Continue on your path. It may take a couple weeks to get over the virus and you could have longer lasting BFs effects from it. But your mind needs to stay strong. You were there once. You will be there again

Word of advice. Don't run to out run BFs. It never works. Run for fun and exercise and BFs will lose interest :)

Trust me !

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby BFSBurger on April 16th, 2014, 9:05 pm

Increased symptoms after increased inflammatory immune event like a virus or the flu gives us indications that BFS is tied to immune activity.

-B-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group