1.5 years in, still twitching

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

1.5 years in, still twitching

Postby andman on March 31st, 2014, 10:41 am

Hi,
Just wanted to post an update of an 1.5 year twitcher.

A short history:
- twitching started september 2012 in calves
- several months later I've noticed it in my feet
- about 10 months in it spread in the upper body with left arm most affected
- I have experienced twitches in calves, feet, knees, thoghs, butt, abdomen, ribcage, nech, face, cheeks, eyes, chin, lips, shoulders, biceps, triceps, elbows, forearms, hands...

Current status:
- confirmed cubital tunnel syndrome (the situation is almost the same since march 2013)
- body wide twitching
- most annoying places - left knee, right shoulder, left hand muscles (both sides of hand), lower right eyelid when sneezing, yawning, etc.
- Ive had several periods that I have felt only several twitches for days, but my overal twitching has increased since the begining

Am I still worried?
- unfortunately yes, but I am aware that the neuro nasty would have disabled me by now...
- I hate when new places start twitching, and I'm trying my best not to google...

Advices for newcomers:
- DO NOT GOOGLE SYMPTOMS
- DO NOT SELF TEST
- This forum is a lifesaver if your anxiety is high. But unfortunately it is also a place where you can read about new symptoms... So I'm currently trying to avoid it...
- Use relaxation techniques at least 2x per day
- Exercise - mild exercises/walk/bike/jogging (2-3 times per week)
- Don't mention your GPs/Neuros the neuro nasties - let them examine you and diagnose you without any suggestions. Trust your doctors!!!

Take care,
Andy
andman

Re: 1.5 years in, still twitching

Postby J4son on March 31st, 2014, 11:51 am

Great post Andy and I fully agree with your advices for newcomers...
J4son
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Scboy on March 31st, 2014, 12:13 pm

Good advice. I'm going on four months into this. Time will heal for me as well. I have to spend more time being a dad to my 7 and 11 year old and husband to my wife than being in a daze, just going through the motions while obsessing and worrying. They deserve better.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby RobJ on March 31st, 2014, 5:02 pm

At 1 year, most neuro's will call you benign, very few will wait for 4 years before calling you benign.

Your in a good place.

If still twitching after 4 years, you have the same probability of MND as anyone else walking the street.

Don't go into denial and stop reading. Never a good thing. I recommend that you read as much as you can, the good and the bad.
RobJ

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group