New Symptom-Left Index Finger Twitch

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New Symptom-Left Index Finger Twitch

Postby Scboy on March 24th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Just when I think I'm getting a grip on things, something new pops up. I got this left index finger twitch that actually moves the whole index finger outward towards my thumb for a second then relaxes. Is this something that is common with BFS? Kind of alarming.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: New Symptom-Left Index Finger Twitch

Postby emmie.s on March 24th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Yes finger twitches are very very very common. The kind that moves the entire finger, and the barely noticeable type, the distinction doesn't matter.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Scboy on March 25th, 2014, 9:03 am

Thanks for the reply emmie.s. It is doing it a lot today. Especially when I type. It worries me cause it's twitching a lot, don't know what to think about it.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby emmie.s on March 25th, 2014, 10:42 am

Seriously, don't give it a second thought. I know its easier said than done. This past summer I had both a toe twitch that was incessant and moved the entire toe, for about a month, and a thenar/thumb twitch lasting three months, that moved the entire thumb, but sometimes it was so tiny I didnt notice it. I remember having to sleep on top of it to stop it from moving at night! So frustrating. Acupuncture helped, or maybe it was the diet modification, or maybe it was that I just started to not care anymore. You'll be fine, do a search and you'll see how common it is.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby wjjw on March 27th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Scboy wrote:Just when I think I'm getting a grip on things, something new pops up. I got this left index finger twitch that actually moves the whole index finger outward towards my thumb for a second then relaxes. Is this something that is common with BFS? Kind of alarming.

Uh oh. Are you sure it's the left index finger? Now that could be a problem. My right finger did exactly what you described countless times, sometimes for weeks on end. But never my left. :wink:

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Scboy on March 28th, 2014, 8:48 pm

wjjw wrote:
Scboy wrote:Just when I think I'm getting a grip on things, something new pops up. I got this left index finger twitch that actually moves the whole index finger outward towards my thumb for a second then relaxes. Is this something that is common with BFS? Kind of alarming.

Uh oh. Are you sure it's the left index finger? Now that could be a problem. My right finger did exactly what you described countless times, sometimes for weeks on end. But never my left. :wink:

Cheers,
Bill

Thanks for the reply. Glad we can have a sense of humor about it. As a newbie everything is freaking me out at this point. Seeing body parts move on their own is a little freaky at first. My finger calmed down a little, but my left calf is twitching nonstop except right after I jog. It will stop for an hour or so and then fire right back up.

I like to think I'm a logical person, but with BFS my logical mind fails me. As I think about it though I probably have had this before and never really paid attention. I remember asking my wife a couple of years ago if she ever thinks her cell phone is vibrating cause when I was walking around the mall and I kept checking my phone every five minutes thinking it was vibrating. I was probably fasciculating in my thigh. She looked at me like I was crazy. haha.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby wjjw on March 28th, 2014, 9:22 pm

Scboy wrote:
wjjw wrote:

Cheers,
Bill

Thanks for the reply. Glad we can have a sense of humor about it. As a newbie everything is freaking me out at this point. Seeing body parts move on their own is a little freaky at first. My finger calmed down a little, but my left calf is twitching nonstop except right after I jog. It will stop for an hour or so and then fire right back up.

I like to think I'm a logical person, but with BFS my logical mind fails me. As I think about it though I probably have had this before and never really paid attention. I remember asking my wife a couple of years ago if she ever thinks her cell phone is vibrating cause when I was walking around the mall and I kept checking my phone every five minutes thinking it was vibrating. I was probably fasciculating in my thigh. She looked at me like I was crazy. haha.

Yup, seeing my fingers move around on their own did initially take some getting side to. I'd say after twitching from head to toe the fingers bothered me the most. And I know exactly what you mean about the rapid thigh twitch being mistaken for my cell. I'm sure if you searched this forum you'd see I mentioned it.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group