4 years. My annual I'm ok post

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

4 years. My annual I'm ok post

Postby anxietysucks on March 24th, 2014, 8:20 am

As long as I remember to do so each year I will post here to reassure everyone that I am still alive. It's now been 4 years since it all started for me. And to be honest I don't rightly care much about BFS anymore. I don't pay attention to it. I don't search the internet for answers. I don't care! My left foot twitches constantly and periodically cramps at night while I am sleeping. It's no longer a big deal. i get the random quick hitters everywhere, and sometimes ones that stick around in the same area for a few days.....or weeks. No big deal. I look back and find it sad that I spend so long in depression over my Dr. google searches. I did go to a neuro, but I never got an EMG, and I never went back after that first visit. It took me a little over a year, but eventually I moved on, and forgot about it. I think for me it was my "midlife" crisis. I have a totally different look on life now, and I am as happy as I can be. No need to stress about twitching. It won't kill you. If you check out my post from last year it also has some good info. I just don't want to type it all again. So I promise you are all fine, and now it won't turn into the sinister stuff. Take Care BFSers. Eventually you will come to enjoy the twitching. It reminds me I am still alive and kicking!
anxietysucks
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: 4 years. My annual I'm ok post

Postby Little Lost on March 24th, 2014, 9:19 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to come back. These types of posts are always a favourite of mine as they give me hope that I will eventually move on and accept bfs. . I think moving on is easier for some. Perhaps some people come out of this phase driving super charged sports cars and off they go, others may be driving more of a people carrier with tons of luggage in the back. This journey started for me in back in 2011 and I feel I am hitching a ride on a toy cart being pulled by a tortoise on tranquilizes, the progress I am making is certainly not the most spectacular.

(Perhaps I and not the tortoise should be medicated....joking).

Seriously thanks for the post.

Hx
Little Lost
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby ShawnW on March 25th, 2014, 12:11 am

Yes, thank you for taking the time to come back. I certainly appreciate your story.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group