Leading towards MND

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Leading towards MND

Postby DoubleD on April 7th, 2014, 11:02 pm

First and foremost my prayers are for TDenver. The main concern is the word possible and that things are suggestive right now. Having said that the other concern is for the newbies that are probably starting to freak out. TD did nothing wrong nor did he try to start a panic fire. He simply needed hope, answers and guidance. Which we will always give.

I will not go into to much detail out of respect for TD but read ALL his post carefully. Pay attention and you can see that something stronger then BFs was going on and pay attention to the time frames. I will not expand any further. PM me for more of my take if you want,

God be with you TD. I Am a pastor and will be praying you receive awesome news! Stay strong

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby DoubleD on April 7th, 2014, 11:02 pm

First and foremost my prayers are for TDenver. The main concern is the word possible and that things are suggestive right now. Having said that the other concern is for the newbies that are probably starting to freak out. TD did nothing wrong nor did he try to start a panic fire. He simply needed hope, answers and guidance. Which we will always give.

I will not go into to much detail out of respect for TD but read ALL his post carefully. Pay attention and you can see that something stronger then BFs was going on and pay attention to the time frames. I will not expand any further. PM me for more of my take if you want,

God be with you TD. I Am a pastor and will be praying you receive awesome news! Stay strong

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby J4son on April 8th, 2014, 12:32 am

veryworried123 wrote:can someone please summarize what the main differences were between this case and many others that experience the same symptoms
was it just a dirty emg? was there also things spotted on the clincal? i read that there was no weakness but still MND and ***

thanks

Tdenver’s attitude here should be an inspiration for a lot of us, especially me, since when it comes to health issues I’m probably the most coward homo-sapiens on the surface of earth. I also sincerely wish that he will be diagnosed with something else than ALS. He is still “possible” ALS so no conclusive findings yet, and some MNDs have better prognosis than others. And maybe who knows, his MND diagnosis could be reversed…

The testimony of Tdenver made me also think about what my neuro told me regarding the importance of a good clinical. In one of his messages Tdenver explains that in fact he noticed clear weakness (Bulbar) in September, so several months prior to the onset of twitching and cramping, and oddly a good EMG (don’t remember if the EMG was for the bulbar region or not.)

Tdenver, my thoughts are with you, keep us updated, and I am still hoping and praying for a positive outcome to all this.
J4son
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby veryworried123 on April 8th, 2014, 11:12 am

Sorry I jut went through all the posts

And sorry if I sounded insensitive...not what I meant

I agree

Best wishes
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby TDenver on April 8th, 2014, 3:31 pm

I'll keep checking in and giving updates. Y'all have been super helpful and I know how stressful this whole thing can be, even if it turns out negative. I've been given a diagnosis and I am staying strong, so don't let not having one ruin your life. After all, life itself is terminal, so enjoy every second of it.
TDenver

Postby veryworried123 on April 10th, 2014, 9:57 pm

Why did the first emg come back ok?

What's the reason?

Was the emg done on the wrong par to the body?
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby ShawnW on April 11th, 2014, 3:11 am

veryworried123 wrote:Why did the first emg come back ok?

What's the reason?

Was the emg done on the wrong par to the body?

Again not the place for this...
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on April 11th, 2014, 6:13 am

Veryworried, my friend, i wonder whom you are asking in fact...

if you are asking us, we do not know, but if you are asking TDenver, you may PM or email him direclty...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby DoubleD on April 11th, 2014, 8:38 am

In my humble veteran opinion newbies, (or anyone ) should PM a vet that they trust to explain this to them. Any are welcome to PM me.

DD

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby TDenver on April 11th, 2014, 10:26 am

First EMG was very crude, done in the doctors office only a few muscles. He wasn't concerned at the time because I had no muscle or strength loss.
TDenver

Postby emmie.s on April 11th, 2014, 10:43 am

TDenver, I am praying for you and your family daily that it is something other than ALS.
If it is some sort of MND, I pray that you find and enroll in a breakthrough study. Due to your age and early diagnoses, you would be a perfect candidate. I follow this one remarkable woman's blog, as she details her great improvement after undergoing the Neuralstem study: http://thealsexpress.com/my-blog/ The results that she has documented are nothing short of amazing.
For instance, she regained her ability to snap her fingers, and her speech has improved. I think the other big study that has promising results is the Brainstorm study.

Thank you for sharing your story with us, your attitude and courage are inspiring. GOD BLESS YOU!
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Support Group