Facial twitch - MS scare

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Facial twitch - MS scare

Postby greenmermaid on March 18th, 2014, 8:21 am

Hi jerseygirl.

I was so interested to read this thread. I've just been to a neurologist and got a brain MRI and he also tested me for carpal tunnel. I went because of facial tics & twitches, as well as 2 episodes of what sounded like the definition in this thread of Facial Myokemia. (the rippling one). I mentioned to him I also get a numb arm and fingers and have to shake my arms out at night - both times I experienced the facial ripple thing it lasted just few seconds, and didn't happen again, so not sure if that makes it true myokemia or not? Anyway I tested positive for carpal tunnel with his machine and the MRI was completely clear so he said no tumor and no ms.

I still have lots of facial twitches tho, little ones near my nose and lip and I have what he called a facial tic condition which started spontaneously 3 years ago. I was most relieved to get the clean MRI as I was convinced the face symptoms meant something really bad and in fact I'm still concerned as to what caused the myokemia.

Face symptoms are, to me, the worst / scariest. I just thought it really interesting that we both have facial symptoms (not 100% the same but still) and the same arm thing going on.
greenmermaid
Interested
Interested

Postby jsandmann on March 19th, 2014, 9:46 pm

I posted my complete story under the "Experiences with BFS" section but in a nut shell, I too have been having hand numbness and twitching for about the past three weeks. My twitching has been all over but I have had my fair share of twitching on my face including my lips and my right eye. I can't decide which is the scariest, my lips or my eye. My doctor believes that I have a compressed ulnar nerve and possibly carpal tunnel. I am going for an EMG next Monday. I believe the twitching is mostly associated with the anxiety over the nerve issue because it did not start until I got all worked up thanks to Google. I'm glad to hear your positive outcome and pray the same for me.
jsandmann

Postby jerseygirl on March 20th, 2014, 6:40 pm

Thanks for all the posts. Twitch comes and goes, mostly goes :) but still makes it a bit uneasy but Mitra's post made me feel great!! I have sworn off googling so thank you, thank you, thank you for that!
jerseygirl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Support Group