Finger issue won't go away

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Finger issue won't go away

Postby Joshaldo on March 8th, 2014, 3:11 pm

Hey guys, well haven't been on this site for a while but I return because for some reason I am getting a twitch on the base of my index finger that doesn't seem to want to go away. My finger feels 'funny' like it is weaker than what it is supposed to be. I am still getting all over twitches but this one spot just keeps going. I have been under a lot of stress lately but I am still concerned as to what this could be, considering it will not go away.
Joshaldo
Interested
Interested

Re: Finger issue won't go away

Postby Swindonfan4 on March 10th, 2014, 7:05 pm

Hi Joshaldo. This sounds pretty standard to me with regards to BFS. I find that, although it doesn't happen all too often, when my fingers get a touch if the BFS, it can make the whole finger go a little crazy and can last for several days/more.

You'll also find that the weakness is a perceived weakness rather than actual weakness and this is perfectly normal for any muscles that twitch over a long period of time. It's probably more noticeable in the finger as the muscles there are quite small in comparison to a similar twitch on a bigger muscle.

Where I work on a laptop most of the time, I find that by switching my mouse to my other hand and trying to use the non twitching hand for simple but weighty things such as lifting cups of tea (wow, I sound lazy when I lot it like that), it seems to help the twitching finger stop quicker.
Swindonfan4

Postby twitchydds on March 22nd, 2014, 6:42 am

My middle finger has been moving for a few days now. It seems that a twitch in the middle of my hand is causing it to move. Anytime my hand is at rest I notice it. Annoying as hell.
twitchydds

Postby ShawnW on March 22nd, 2014, 1:42 pm

That's how all this started with me. Index finger popping back and forth all day, for several days. It would stop and start up again.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group