Pins and Needles All Over

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Pins and Needles All Over

Postby Scboy on February 6th, 2014, 9:18 pm

I'm 2 months in to this and I have a question about pins and needles feeling. It seems like the twitching has died down a little but the pins and needles feeling all over my body is driving me nuts. Is pin and needles feeling all over a prominent symptom of BFS? Are there any ways to treat this symptom. I just worry it is something other than BFS.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Pins and Needles All Over

Postby DoubleD on February 7th, 2014, 11:54 am

Probably the #1 sign of anxiety. I used to get them real bad but ever since i relaxed they have calmed down. I still get them from time to time but not as much. They are a BFS symptom. But more anxiety, lack of sleep and dehydration

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby Scboy on February 10th, 2014, 8:37 am

Thanks for the advice Double D. I do think anxiety makes it worse. I had a bad night last night. Couldn't sleep and I had this sunburn feeling all in my arms and legs. I'm just finding it hard to believe this is benign and part of bfs. This contributes to the anxiety.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby DoubleD on February 13th, 2014, 9:39 am

Its Benign but not a pain in the butt. :)

Sensory symptoms point away from als anyways. I have a lot of sensory symptoms. Your symptoms are CLASSIC anxiety. Get outside (if you are not snowed/iced in) or get to the gym......get some movement and exercise and I promise you will start to feel better

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby RachelLee on March 14th, 2014, 1:16 am

I've been undergoing a LOT of stress lately in college, and just a few minutes ago started feeling weird pins and needles sensations in random parts of my body, sort of like how my twitches move around. And I also feel kind of itchy. :P I dunno if that's normal. But, I feel a little better knowing other people have experienced some of the pins and needles thing and are OK.
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
RachelLee

Postby RachelLee on March 14th, 2014, 1:16 am

I've been undergoing a LOT of stress lately in college, and just a few minutes ago started feeling weird pins and needles sensations in random parts of my body, sort of like how my twitches move around. And I also feel kind of itchy. :P I dunno if that's normal. But, I feel a little better knowing other people have experienced some of the pins and needles thing and are OK.
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
RachelLee

Postby keomagnes on March 19th, 2014, 6:18 pm

I've been having these pins sensations lately too! It's weird but it doesn't happen often to me. About the sunburn, I've had it too but just one time.

How are you feeling now? Have you had any kind of fatigue or muscle pain?! :)
keomagnes
Interested
Interested

Postby Scboy on March 19th, 2014, 7:20 pm

RachelLee wrote:I've been undergoing a LOT of stress lately in college, and just a few minutes ago started feeling weird pins and needles sensations in random parts of my body, sort of like how my twitches move around. And I also feel kind of itchy. :P I dunno if that's normal. But, I feel a little better knowing other people have experienced some of the pins and needles thing and are OK.

Yes I still get the pins and needles and it comes in waves. I've found that my main problem was Klonopin. The Dr. prescribed it trying to help with the anxiety and sleep. It worked for about three weeks and I started getting these sensations so I tapered off after 2 months taking them. The sensations still happen but its getting farther apart between episodes and the episodes i do get are less severe. I still twitch but I am not as spooked by it as I was.
I think certain food sensitivities can aggravate or even cause the pins and needles feeling. I have been gluten free for 6 weeks. I believe I am sensitive to gluten. My former roommate at Georgia Tech is now an allergist and suggested the gluten free diet.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group