Please, help me!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Please, help me!

Postby Yuliasir on March 23rd, 2014, 11:17 am

well, if it would not work, what then it will mean? only that you belong to about two thirds of people which have no benefit from it and may benefit from other schemes.
do it. try it. do something for you, otherwise you would never know if it will work or not.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Marcos on April 4th, 2014, 1:06 pm

Guys, today I did my second EMG, and my first was in November 2012. The neuro did a quick clinical examination and said, in his words, I'm strong like a bull. I was happy. Then he did the EMG on my four limbs and, thank God, everything is normal. He saw no fasciculation. He repeated that ALS is a disease whose hallmark is the loss of strength. Advised me to look for a psychologist to treat my anxiety and said that our brain can do a lot in our body, including increasing its temperature, then fasciculations would not be much. I was so scared that something was wrong because of this hot spot in my shoulder. I'm happy now. I wanted to thank everyone for the support and affection. I think I can now rest easy, am i right?

My right shoulder is still twiching, but I'm more relaxed. I hope to lose the fear once.
Marcos

Postby ShawnW on April 4th, 2014, 1:10 pm

Why fear a twitch? If you know you don't have anything sinister which you should...then a twitch is just a twitch. Ignore them and live your life.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Scboy on April 4th, 2014, 4:01 pm

You have been twitching for 1.5 years. I've been twitching for 3.5 months. I'll gladly switch with you. Enjoy your family. They need you. I'm telling myself this as well as I'm telling you cause I know the fear all too well. I know when I exercise I can expect the twitches to increase. It seems to be the way this stuff works.
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby wjjw on April 4th, 2014, 4:08 pm

Scboy wrote:You have been twitching for 1.5 years. I've been twitching for 3.5 months. I'll gladly switch with you.

There's no need to desire to switch with anyone. You're OK now, and will be the same in 1.5 years. I told myself that after twitching for 1 month when I found this site, and I believe that advise to be correct. The idea of waiting for some amount of time to pass is nonsense, and will get you no where. Except, to a point where in 1.5 years you'll think you need to wait 2 additional years ... I've seen people worrying at 5 years, doubting 3 EMGs, etc.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby RachelLee on April 4th, 2014, 7:57 pm

Hey, I've been in the same boat. Twitches started happening to me when I was 16 years old, back in 2009. It's 2014, and I'm still twitching, and besides all of that, I am otherwise a very healthy, normal individual. :P I sometimes go through bouts of fear and anxiety with it, but then I come on here, and reading all these posts and knowing I'm not alone and that other people can relate and turned out to be okay, does wonders for me. Don't let the fear eat you up. I think we can all agree, the psychological torment part is really the worst of it. The twitches in and of themselves really aren't that bad. It's just the overthinking and build up of fear that robs you of peace of mind...ugh. Trust me, I know how it is.
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
RachelLee

Postby Scboy on April 7th, 2014, 5:34 pm

wjjw wrote:
Scboy wrote:You have been twitching for 1.5 years. I've been twitching for 3.5 months. I'll gladly switch with you.

There's no need to desire to switch with anyone. You're OK now, and will be the same in 1.5 years. I told myself that after twitching for 1 month when I found this site, and I believe that advise to be correct. The idea of waiting for some amount of time to pass is nonsense, and will get you no where. Except, to a point where in 1.5 years you'll think you need to wait 2 additional years ... I've seen people worrying at 5 years, doubting 3 EMGs, etc.

Cheers,
Bill

Thanks Bill!
Scboy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby nrun90 on April 7th, 2014, 8:09 pm

Glad your second EMG was clean and that you are "strong as a bull!" This is very reassuring news! :)
nrun90

Postby veryworried123 on April 7th, 2014, 10:09 pm

i hate the thigh twotches..*beep* i hate all the twitches...when does this get better?
i go a day or so without any or at least not many and i feel so good and then it starts up again

honestly i cant take this *beep* anymore
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Support Group