Please, help me!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Please, help me!

Postby Marcos on January 14th, 2014, 4:38 am

Hi, I'm Marcos, 29 y/o, turning 30 next march, 8. In setember 2012 everything started to me. I had a Emg in November/2012 and it was clean. I've been twiching all over, just a single pops that lasts less than a few seconds. But since December, in the Christmas, i'm having a persistent twich in my right shoulder. Sometimes it goes for some hours than stop. After two or three days, it come back and yesterday was going on all day. I'm very scarry and i'm thinking to come back to doctor, I don't know. I fear for my healthy since I was a child, but this it's too much for me. I have a little girl and my wife is pregnant again. I just want to cry but I resist, because I don't want to worry her. I do workouts at the gym without any problems, but i'm too scarry with this. Do you guys think should I came back to doc? Please, let me know what u really think. Sorry for my english. God bless you all! Marcos
Marcos

Re: Please, help me!

Postby Gamindsoc1509 on January 14th, 2014, 5:02 am

Hang on, you said September 2012! So nearly a year and a half ago?!

You have nothing to worry about! You'd know by now if you had anything sinister.

I know this is a short response but it's literally as simple as that,
Gamindsoc1509

Postby Marcos on January 14th, 2014, 7:08 am

Thank you for your attention. It's really very difficult endure this now, because I never had one that lasted so much. I stare at my shoulder and arm and I wonder if they are not minor. It is very distressing. I remember when it all started I felt different from other colleagues here on the site because I had no hot spot. Now that I have this shoulder, I'm very scared. Hardly have a twich in his left shoulder, but when it happens I even like, because I feel more normal as well. I do not comment on my fears with anyone and is very hard to bear alone. I am grateful to all the friends of this site to help strangers.
Marcos

Postby emmie.s on January 14th, 2014, 8:19 am

You have a hotspot, which is to be expected with bfs. Some have a persistent hotspot for weeks, months, even years. You've been twitching so long that there's no reason to worry.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby mwagner on January 14th, 2014, 11:48 am

Hotspots are so very common here. In fact, it's hard to find someone who hasn't had one. They will eventually go away, and the best advice is to try to ignore them as much as you can. It's likely an irritated nerve. That's my theory at least. I have had so many of them. Last week, I had one for several days in my butt of all places. I had one on my thumb for almost 2 months. Hot spots are the most scary because they have a pattern and are so consistent, but what I'm finding is that we all inevitably get them and they all go away eventually. Stress will make it worse and less likely to go away, so just try to be calm about it, realize that this is totally normal for BFS, and really is likely an irritated nerve.
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby Marcos on January 14th, 2014, 12:23 pm

. Thanks for the answers, guys. What's making me worried is that I'm almost two days straight, with a few minutes of rest. is very strange, because I never had that. I can not work right. I stare at my clothes jumping all the time.
Marcos

Postby Gamindsoc1509 on January 14th, 2014, 3:34 pm

But thats because in your head you are scared each twitch means more than BFS. Once you know it just means BFS it will not bother you. As an example I have ONLY had twitching for 3.5 months now (so I am still relatively new). Right now as I sit here typing my calves are bubbling from twitches. As in at last one every second and this has been happening for 10mins now.

Recently I had 2 hot spots come up. My lip, which twitched for periods of 5mins every 30mins for around one week.

And my thumb which has CRAZY FAST spasm twitches lasting only 5 seconds but happening every 5mins. This lasted 3 days.

Now we can talk about my feet. I generally cant feel twitches there. But if I go and look (especially with a light to cast shadows). There is twitching there. Everyday, always, in both feet. And that has been happening since I noticed them 2 months ago.

In my mind however, this is BFS. So I don't really get scared about it. My goal is to hit the 6 or 8 month mark and get a clinical + EMG and then I'll never worry again. I am only doing that for safety to ensure my anxiety never comes back. But if you're past that mark I can't see why you'd worry.
Gamindsoc1509

Postby Watereddown on January 14th, 2014, 4:31 pm

Hey Marcos,

I had a hotspot in a muscle right next to my right elbow for a month. Would go off constantly. Don't let it get to you.
Watereddown

Postby DoubleD on January 14th, 2014, 7:54 pm

Clean emg= sunny days!

I've had hot spots for months. Some I have had for years. The more you work out the more you will twitch but keep doing it because it's better for your health to work out

Don't let this thing dominate your life. Don't stare at it or wait for it to leave. It will do what is wants.

Your are golden. Young, strong, married, baby........enjoy your life. Trust me. I wasted my daughters early years with this crap. You don't get it back.

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby Marcos on March 23rd, 2014, 3:03 am

Guys, the twitch in my right shoulder is here again. Yesterday i had it all day. I dont know what to do. I am very scary e really sad. I cant even sleep. Only 2 months and its back again. Is it normal bfs? Its in the same place, same point in the right shoulder. Sometimes its very strong. Please, help me.
Marcos

Postby Yuliasir on March 23rd, 2014, 4:57 am

Markos,
it is ABSOLUTELY normal for BFS to have flareups, at the same places and in other locations, they may last for days and weeks, come and go.
please do not worry.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Marcos on March 23rd, 2014, 6:04 am

Thanks Yuliasir. I have a new born kid and its not easy. I always want to cry, when i think about them (i have two kids). I am reading over and over again the Dr. Eisen' e-mail, where he said that if you have for 8 months, then its not ***. My jorney started in setember 2012. Clean emg in november/2012. I am very strong, go to the gym, but with this non stop twiching in my shoulder, i am very worry.
Marcos

Postby Yuliasir on March 23rd, 2014, 7:05 am

believe an oldtimer, you should not worry.
you got a newborn kid, so most probably you are sleep deprived. it causes twithiching - read the message called "Self-imposed experiment" and you will see how it works.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby RobJ on March 23rd, 2014, 7:16 am

20+ yrs still twitching in my right thigh.

hate the thigh twitches.

love the twitches in back feels like a masage.

all kidding aside, 20+ years ago twitched in back then thumbs then thigh. today not much in thumb or back but my *beep* right thigh twitches straight for weeks, wakes me up at night....stops for a day, week, then starts up again...did i say i hate the thigh twitches...20 yrs still going.
RobJ

Postby Marcos on March 23rd, 2014, 10:23 am

Thanks, guys. I just came back from the gym and i can do the same things. Sometimes i think would be a great idea start the Bfsburguer protocol, but to be honest, i am afraid if doesnt work.
Marcos

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Support Group