Twitching, Anxious, the usual things... Hello Twitchers!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Twitching, Anxious, the usual things... Hello Twitchers!

Postby wjjw on June 24th, 2012, 11:07 am

volfan wrote:I also have to admit that I do think BFS is fascinating. The body is still a mystery despite how much we have learned about it since the big bang, garden of eden or whatever else you believe in depending on your personal values and beliefs!

What fascinates me even more is the mind, or SELF, which existed before the twitching body and will continue to exist long after it has stopped fasciculating :-). I sometimes browse this forum when I get tired of reading about neurological conditions:

http://forum.mind-energy.net/skeptiko-podcast/

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby marbito11 on July 4th, 2012, 6:12 pm

i have the same exact thing....BFS suck
marbito11

Postby Lasszucken on July 5th, 2012, 2:22 am

Marbito, the twitches are Aliens talking to us. So feel honored that they chose you!
Unfortunately we dont understand their sort of morse code yet. :(

Greetings,
Lasszucken
Twitching since about 1st of march 2012..
Lasszucken

Postby Lasszucken on September 10th, 2012, 4:07 am

6 1/2 months now.. Not so many twitches anymore, started with about a twith a second, now its maybe one or two i can feel in an hour. There has even been days with any noticable twitch at all. Left calf still seems to go almost 24/7, but cant feel the most twitches anymore...

I had my tongue twitching, my forehead, thenar muscles, side of both hands (under the pinky) arm, bottom cheecks, toes, feet, fingers, shin, thighs, nose, lips, face, neck and throat in these 6 months. I feel crampy sometimes, my legs sometimes feel like there's coke in the veins instead of blood (neuro mentioned it could be RLS), somedays my legs hurt like hell, sometimes i feel like i cant get out of my bed and on other days i feel like i am the strongest man on earth.
Right now all my fingers feel like i could not stretch them anymore, but typing is still fine, nothing else twitches.

Still i can do everything I want, in a few days I'm going in to the seventh month.

No SSRIs anymore, i have accepted that it's benign, though it sometimes is a p.i.t.a and sometimes I still have a few minutes i get scared, especially when its a new place that never twitched before. But I dont panic anymore, i dont live in fear anymore..

Don't know if there's a timeframe, but for me the conclusion is, that if twitches occure in dying muscles after 6 oder 7 months i should definetly have some loss of strength, 7 months is a *beep* long time for muscles to waste, isn't it? So if I'm fine after that quite long time I really had to accept that I am.
I remember that most neuros want to do a followup after three months, to check if something has happened in the time, for me its twice the time, and still rockin' :)

Just wanted to give this little update, maybe i helps some poor soul to calm down a little bit.

See ya on the chat, if I find any time ;)

Greetings,
Mattias
Lasszucken

Postby Lasszucken on January 7th, 2013, 9:48 am

10 months and still alive kickin'. Can still do whatever I want, nothing sinister for sure...
Some more twitches again, 99,9% calfes going 24/7 with twitches varieing from one a secont to 1 a minute or even less. Other parts of my body only a few times a day, but still there.

Greetings,
Lasszucken
Lasszucken

Postby LApea on January 7th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Good to hear you are doing well.
You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it. -Paulo Coelho
LApea
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Lasszucken on January 14th, 2013, 5:42 am

Today i had my right calf twitching, it twitches quite constantly for half an hour or so, allways at the same place, still sometimes just at that same place.
Don't know why, but it made me anxious, though I should know I'm fine, after 10 1/2 months of only twitching with no weakness.

But nevertheless sometimes still i get scared by twitches, that stay longer then my usual ones, which are fire-and-forget twitches..

I hope i will not fall back into real anxiety again...

Greetings,
Lasszucken...
Lasszucken

Postby LApea on January 14th, 2013, 1:09 pm

I too have a hot spot on my right calf. I've had symptoms for about 7 months now and I've never had a hot spot, until 2 weeks ago when my calf started up. It goes off, popping and popping away, and also a crawling sensation.

It worries me also, since I haven't had a constant twitch all of these months, until this *beep* popped up.

I think after all of these months under you belt, you shouldn't worry too much. I try to remember that BFS is unpredictable and can throw up all for a loop from time to time.
You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it. -Paulo Coelho
LApea
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Lasszucken on May 27th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Hi there!

27 months now..

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still fine. Still twtiching from time to time, though I had about 6 or 7 months with not so many twitches at all. I few days ago it started to pop every few seconds again in my legs, thats the way it goes with bfs (or whatever I have)..

Meanwhile I had some tinnitus, 95% on one side, sometimes both, but has gotten better after a few months, but sometimes still starts to humm for a few hours.
But more annoying is that I got some strange feelings in my face, nostly only right side, but on my cheek and my forehead. Drs do not find anything, ears etc. are ok..
Funny thing this feeling seems to go aways when I put on a cap... haha...

However I'm still kicking, no Als or anything like that...

Maybe I report back in a year or so...

Whish you all the best.

Greetings,
Lasszucken
Lasszucken

Postby Dual_CoRed on May 30th, 2014, 5:01 pm

Thx man its very reassuring to hear from you.
Dual_CoRed

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Support Group