Nose/Throat issues

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Nose/Throat issues

Postby perform on November 15th, 2011, 12:17 am

***IMPORTANT FOR SCARED NEWBIES: Please scroll down and read my reply to this thread as it has important updates!***

Nose stuff:

I can't shake the feeling that I'm more nasal sounding than I used to be. When I swallow liquids I'm fearful that they're regurgitating into my nostrils. I've gotten nosebleeds in my right nostril since I was a child but never in the left but the past few months when I get a nosebleed a little bit of blood ends up in the left nostril. I don't know if this is normal but I worry it's a sign of nasal regurgitation. The nosebleed is definitely still originating in the right nostril. Another thing that happened yesterday I was eating something with pepper and noticed a slight feeling of pepper in my nose after. My nose often has a strange burning sensation in the middle of the night (like when you get water in your nose).

Throat Stuff:

My throat seems to stick/close up behind my tongue...I think it's my epiglottis I'm feeling (I can actually see it in the back of my throat when I open my mouth), but if I lay on my back it sometimes closes up. I know its not mucus because if I breath in while laying on my back I can actually feel it vibrating. There is also often a popping noise when I swallow. I have to clear my throat constantly after I eat.
Last edited by perform on May 12th, 2012, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perform

Re: Nose/Throat issues

Postby puggles88 on December 14th, 2011, 5:34 pm

Unfortunately, all this stuff has happened to me (to the T) off and on for the past 2-2.5 years and is happening again now. I know it sucks but I've been told many times that it is anxiety related. My dr called it Globus Hystericus.
This is the stuff that drives me crazy,
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
But in the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
Cause this is the stuff You use.
puggles88

Postby johnnythejet on December 14th, 2011, 5:36 pm

puggles88 wrote:Unfortunately, all this stuff has happened to me (to the T) off and on for the past 2-2.5 years and is happening again now. I know it sucks but I've been told many times that it is anxiety related. My dr called it Globus Hystericus.

Kyla, what have you revised your "Acceptance date" to? lol :P
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby puggles88 on December 14th, 2011, 5:41 pm

Hah! Well, I guess I have raised it to 3 years. So, I still have 9 months left. Boo.
This is the stuff that drives me crazy,
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
But in the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
Cause this is the stuff You use.
puggles88

Postby Mark S on December 14th, 2011, 11:02 pm

Do you have any gerd issues?
Mark S
Saint
Saint

Postby perform on May 12th, 2012, 4:18 pm

Just in case any scared newbies come on and read my threads I'm updating all my posts. So here we go:

Nose stuff:

I can't shake the feeling that I'm more nasal sounding than I used to be. When I swallow liquids I'm fearful that they're regurgitating into my nostrils. I've gotten nosebleeds in my right nostril since I was a child but never in the left but the past few months when I get a nosebleed a little bit of blood ends up in the left nostril. I don't know if this is normal but I worry it's a sign of nasal regurgitation. The nosebleed is definitely still originating in the right nostril. Another thing that happened yesterday I was eating something with pepper and noticed a slight feeling of pepper in my nose after. My nose often has a strange burning sensation in the middle of the night (like when you get water in your nose).

This was mostly anxiety. Not experiencing any of this anymore. Definitely not more nasally sounding.

Throat Stuff:

My throat seems to stick/close up behind my tongue...I think it's my epiglottis I'm feeling (I can actually see it in the back of my throat when I open my mouth), but if I lay on my back it sometimes closes up. I know its not mucus because if I breath in while laying on my back I can actually feel it vibrating. There is also often a popping noise when I swallow. I have to clear my throat constantly after I eat.

Throat's gotten a lot better. This is likely just reflux stuff I was experiencing but again I'm not really experiencing this much anymore.
perform

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group