Beating Myself Up Over This

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Beating Myself Up Over This

Postby Dez on May 12th, 2004, 12:51 pm

Here's my story is this: I’m a 32 yr old male and about 3-4 weeks ago I noticed twitches in both my calf muscles that were pretty constant. I have gotten twitches (various) in the past that come and go but not like this. I have also noticed over that one of my calfs is slightliy larger than the other. I am also getting some soreness/tiredness in my left foot which seems to be worse after excercise. It is more of a sore feeling and it doesn't seem like it is weakness, if this makes sense.... I don't feel like I have any weakness, so basically no other issues mainly just constant twitching in both my calfs and some sorenes in one of my feet. I am going to see a Neuro next week and I am driving myself crazy obsessing about this. Anyone else have any similar symptoms or thoughts on this.

I'm trying not to drive myself crazy but I am losing the battle today.

Dez
Dez

Postby dwl on May 12th, 2004, 1:39 pm

I guess most of us have been there :-( You have our sympathy and understanding. I can remember only too clearly how much it freaked me out watching my calves wriggle away.

If you had als you wouldn't be able to do stuff like button your shirt, swallow liquids or walk normally. Hang on in there, you'll be OK!

David
dwl
Hero
Hero

Hang in there pal!

Postby Bradford on May 12th, 2004, 7:51 pm

I twitch in my left calf as soon as I get off my feet every time every day of the week. There is definately some anatomical differences between my calves, but my strength to an opposing force in my physical exam
was the same on both limbs and thats what the doctors look for when checking strength.

I'm 44 and I bet you're stronger than I am being that your 32 so the concept of strength is somewhat mis-leading and subjective unless you understand that the docs are grading on a scale of 0-5 where 0 is the inability of the limb to overcome gravity and 5 is the ability of the limbs to oppose a force that the doctor applies.

By the way I play competitive golf on and off and I walk and carry my
bag. (roughly 30#) and my twitching goes into high gear when I'm done. If I'm doing this and have been graded a 5 symmetrically by my neuro, I bet you you've got plenty more explosive power than I do.

You're going be fine!
Bradford
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Hang in there pal!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group