Newb, my story and looking for friends

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Newb, my story and looking for friends

Postby tiggida on March 12th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Hello,
My name is Tanya. I am 33, have 4 soon to be 5 kids. I started twitching July 17, 2010, so it's been about 8 months now. If you read BFS in a nutshell, this describes what I go through and have gone through to a T. It is exactly what happened to me. I have suffered from the occasional eyelid twitch for years now also the occasional temple twitch these would last for 1 week to 2 at the most.
I was having this eyelid twitch again just before this July 17th. I had been experiencing it for a few weeks and it was really bad this time. The night of the 17th however, I realized that practically every muscle in my face was twitching and then I realized my whole body was. I jumped up in a panic and of course like so many others took to the internet and the rest is history, from then on I was high anxiety and caught in that cycle and of course the twitching got worse. I felt like I was having little siezures or something. It was probably about 1500 -2000 if not more, twitches a day. EVERYWHERE. Lips, both eyelids, nose, chin, cheeks, eyebrows, left eardrum, both temples, both ears, scalp, neck muscles, chest, shoulders, right side, abdomen, various back muscles, both thighs, both knees, calves, feet, toes, hands, fingers....LOL private areas. I am talking everywhere, If I haven't mentioned a spot, it's just because there are too many to mention, I bet I have twitched in every place possible.
There was a lot of stress in my life at the time, husbands loss of job, moving 2 times in 8 months, big moves too, across the country. Finances along with the fact that I have always been a high anxiety person. Also, two weeks prior to July 17th. I had an incedent in walmart where I felt really weak, both lower legs and arms and felt like I was going to pass out. Don't know if this could have been some type of virus that led to the twitching. I also had been to the amusement park 6 times in like a month and a half and actually had thumbs go numb after one of the rides. (the rides these days are crazy)
I have run out of room, but not done with my story. I would like to make some friends on here. Anyone live here in sunny southern california? Even if you do n't live near me, I just need to make friends with others that experience this. I will try and post the rest of my story tomorrow. Thanks for reading
Tanya
tiggida
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Newb, my story and looking for friends

Postby garym on March 12th, 2011, 11:42 pm

Tanya,

Welcome to the board! You've come to the right place for BFS.

Take care,
Gary
garym

Postby tripper76 on March 13th, 2011, 3:50 am

Welcome I hope you find the support you need as this is a great place for people like us your story is about the same as mine
A CALM SEA NEVER MADE A WORTHY SAILOR!
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Postby Barbie800 on March 13th, 2011, 9:17 am

Your story sounds like mine. I went through alot of stress and suddently started twitching overnight everywhere. 2 years later I am still here, still twitching but no worse off. What did your doctors tell you?
Barbie800
Saint
Saint

Postby dARR on March 13th, 2011, 9:35 am

Hey,
Your story is certainly a familiar one! My twitching started after a period of high anxiety too...
I dunno if your worried but everything you mentioned sounds like the trademark of a benign process!

Check out the search function if you havent had a chance, you'll find about a billion stories like yours.
Take it easy,
Darr
He who fights with Monsters might take care lest he thereby become a Monster and if you gaze long into the Abyss the Abyss also gazes into you. Fredrich Nietzche, Beyond Good and Evil
dARR
Hero
Hero

Postby tiggida on March 13th, 2011, 12:50 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. It's so good to know I am not alone, and to connect with others that share in the same illness. I actually found this site because of a friend of mine who reads like 100 books a year. She is very knowledgable, just ask her anything and she usually has the answer. She happened to know about BFS and I had never heard of it. She was convinced that is what I had, and I have to say I definately believe she was right. I can't believe how all of our stories are pretty much exactly the same. It has definately helped me to calm down quite a bit. I haven't had an actual diagnosis of BFS yet, but I am pregnant now ( failed birth control) sorry if that is too much info.... anyway, the doctors won't do anymore testing until after the baby is born. I will say that none of the doctors and neurologists I saw were the least bit worried that it was ALS. The last neuro said that he didn't see an emergency and to come back after baby is born and he will do a MRI of my brain and spine. From what I have read I guess this is pretty standard and they would be looking for any past injuries??? I ran out of room to post my whole story last night and will finish it later on or sometime monday. I hope my story will also help everyone who is still pretty anxious to maybe relax a little more as they see that yet another person is popping up on this board with the exact same story and symptoms. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you.
tiggida
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby msm on March 13th, 2011, 4:08 pm

I also develooped twitching after a stressful period when I also had some sort of stomach virus. My doctor thinks it is autoimmune and like everyone here I twitch like crazy. Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the board. You will finc a lot of support there are great people on here. Again welcome to the board. :D

Mary
msm
Hero
Hero

Postby mw2c on March 13th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Hi Tanya,
I'm new here too and also started twitching in July 2010. I was also in an extremely stressful situation when I developed BFS and have had severe anxiety since my diagnosis, which has definitely made things worse. I've never joined any kind of group before this, but reading about others who have this problem has been really helpful, especially when I have a "new" symptom. It seems like everyone here has experienced the same issues of not believing the doctor/neuro who says it's BFS, freaking out over every twitch, buzz, cramp, etc., and having off-the-charts anxiety. This group seems to be very understanding, supportive and open about sharing their ups and downs. I guess after 8 months of dealing with constant twitching and after reading all these posts, I'm starting to think that maybe I really do have BFS and can get through this. Hopefully, I can also be of help to you and others who have this affliction.
mw2c

Postby johnnythejet on March 13th, 2011, 10:12 pm

Hi Tanya -
Sounds like you are in the right spot. Your story screams classic BFS to me. Mine also started with the eyelid over 5 years ago. Hang around the board if it helps you...I know it helped me. PS - I live in KS but travel to SoCal for work every now and then.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby kstoruk on March 15th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Hello tanya,
Welcome, your sympoms are classic bfs if there's such a thing, feel free to ask about any of the problems you go through, it's healing to see that many people experience this and that hey are otherwise in great health. Cheers
kstoruk
Hero
Hero

Postby tiggida on March 15th, 2011, 3:47 pm

@ msm - nice to meet you and thanks for the congrats on my pregnancy, I am hoping that is pregnancy isn't the only reason my twitching has calmed to hundred's a day vs.thousands.
@mw2c- nice to meet you. It's so weird that we both started twitching around the same time. I am sorry you have to go through this. Has yours calmed from what it started as or is it pretty much the same?
@ johnnythejet- nice to meet you. so live in Kansas and travel here sometimes eh? been in any tornadoes? I lived in Tennesse for a while and have been through some, very scary! Thanks for the warm welcome!
@kstowe- nice to meet you. Thanks for the welcome. yes this board has definately helped me overcome my initial anxiety, it's a great place to be.
tiggida
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby mw2c on March 17th, 2011, 8:12 pm

I've noticed a strong correlation between my stress levels and twitching levels, although there's still twitching even when I'm not feeling stressed. I'd say in the last month I've noticed more buzzing sensations, especially in my feet. It sounds like you are staying relatively positive dealing with this and I'm sure that will make things easier for you in the long run.
mw2c

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group